“Meanest cafe around Skipton” 1 of 5 bubbles

Blueberry kitchen
Ranked #109 of 147 Restaurants in Skipton
Cuisines: Cafe
Dolgellau
“Meanest cafe around Skipton”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Three of us went into the Blueberry Kitchen, Bolton Abbey, and ordered three cups of coffee, three scones with jam. The waitress arrived with three cups of coffee, three scones, three measley amounts of butter and two small containers of jam. My husband got up and asked the waitress if we could have the third small container of jam. "No," came the reply, share the jam from the two containers that you have! There was not enough butter really, and certainly not enough jam, consequently, I left a fair portion of my scone, as it was too dry to eat on its own. The owner then came to our table and asked if he could clear the empty pots and was I still eating or had I finished? I informed him that we had been refused the third container of jam, despite having already paid for it! The reply, "We never refuse more jam." "Well ask the waitress, as she refused us." He duly asked the waitress who told him that she had told us to share the jam that we had been given. He came back to us and once again refused us our third container of jam, it must be a permenant habit of this cafe owner to aim to make as much profit out of his customers as possible. Not reccommended, try the cafe next door!

• Visited April 2014