“Nice hotel in a good location”
Review of Herriots Hotel

and 1 more site!
Herriots Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skipton
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed here for a friend's wedding, and couldn't find much to fault with the place. The staff were friendly and helpful, even going so far as to ring us to notify us that a wedding was taking place and there may be some noise, and the rooms clean and comfortable. Very nice setting (1st and 2nd floor rooms overlook the canal at the rear), and a very decent breakfast. Would definitely recommend. The only minor complaints I had were a duff thermostatic shower valve (room 24, bit lazy not to have replaced it, but not important) and a website that lacks much of the information you need (check-in / out times, room facilities etc.)

Room Tip: 1st/2nd floor rooms overlook the canal
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I'd been staying in Premier inns all week and my last stay was at Herriot's. Lovely room, beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable. Free WI FI was ideal for me as a business traveller along with a comfy desk to sit at. Was welcomed at reception with a little pack of hand wrapped shortbread biscuits to go with my Yorkshire tea.

Room Tip: I stayed on 1st floor. Think shower had been newly fitted
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here for business for a two nights. The service was excellent from friendly receptionists Viv and Janice to the waitresses that served me in the morning. The breakfast was pretty good but the evening meal left a bit to be desired. Overall I would return and might venture further afield for the evening meal!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Just spent two nights at the Herriots and was really impressed. The room was spacious, very clean and in good decorative order as was the majority of the hotel. It is in a great location and a short walk will see you in the town centre where you will find a large variety of shops, pubs and restaurants.
While you are there you must eat at least once in the hotel, the food is fantastic. I ended up eating there both nights! On the Tuesday they had just introduced a ‘Gourmet Burger and 2 Budweisers’ to their menu. I went for the Chilli burger and what a burger it was, it was absolutely delicious and I would go as far to say it was the best burger I have ever had! On the Wednesday I went for the Beef and Yorkshire Ale pie, and again I wasn’t disappointed, it was lovely. (The breakfasts are great too)
The only niggle I had was the shower water pressure was very weak.
All in all it was a great place to stay at what I think was a very reasonable price.
Given the opportunity I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

we have just come back from a night at the herriot.
and it was fantastic everything about this hotel is great the staff the food the room its location it just rates 10/10 and cant wait to go back in the future.if you fancy a break in skipton dont look any further you will love this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the canal with a spa bath just heaven.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We have just returned from another great stay at this hotel. The location offers a great base for both Skipton and for the lovely surrounding area.
We stayed in one of the canal rooms which are lovely and comfortable and make you feel really relaxed as you look out onto the canal.
We stayed on an offer which came to us via the newletter we had signed up to from our last visit which included dinner and a bottle of wine. Food and service was excellent and on this package offered great value. The staff are really helpful and friendly and remembered us from our last visit making us feel really welcome and at home. Will be back in the new year.

Room Tip: Worth paying a little extra for the canal side rooms and sign up to the newsletter for great offers.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from a 2 night business stay at this hotel and I would return again when in the area. Check in was easy enough. The room itself was more the big enough for one person and the bathroom itself I have stayed in smaller bedrooms than that. Everything was clean and the only criticism of the room was the need of some paint on the wall at the door where people have obviously rubbed their bags up against and also the water temperature of the shower was either far too hot or not hot enough. I dined for the two nights in the hotel and the food was good, although paying ��3.20 for a pint of coke was very pricey! Also the barman didn't understand what I meant by a VAT receipt nor did he even try to find out from a colleague, "oh I don't know....." was his answer and didn't check with anyone else for me. A thumbs up to the hotel on an issue I has not being able to connect to the wifi via my laptop, the girls at reception allowed me to use an empty room at the other side of the hotel and plug my laptop into a phone line in that room which was very good of them.

Overall I would stay here again but wouldn't be ordering coke from the bar again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skipton
Rendezvous Hotel
The Coniston Hotel Country Estate & Spa
Red Lion Hotel
Red Lion Hotel
#2 of 2 in Burnsall

Been to Herriots Hotel? Share your experiences!