“Lovely stay. Will be back.”
Review of Herriots Hotel

Herriots Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skipton
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had a fantastic stay here over 2 nights the staff are all friendly and very willing to help. It is great location and i advise you go to the castle (It's a must!!). Food was fantastic - overall a brilliant choice from us & glad we came to this specific hotel (as we were originaly looking at a different hotel).

As for the last comment explained how it is under new management and the G.M is rude i totally disagree with this as he was always happy to help me. The whole staff seemed to work brilliant as a team I for one believe that comes from good management.

I will DEFIANTLY be staying here again in the upcoming future. Overall Lovely only bad point (and that's if im nit picking) I would say is there was a bit of a draft coming in from under the door but not enough to complain about.

Room Tip: Bar is a brilliant place to relax after on our feet all day!!!

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

This is my fifth time at this wonderful establishment and I have enjoyed every moment. The rooms are cosy and clean and the welcome I got when coming through the door was wonderful. I thoroughly enjoy my stays here and feel that this hotel has gone from strength to strength over the years. Yes, there's no lift but a little bit of exercise never did anyone any harm. The bar staff (possibly the management) were very attentive and they catered to my every whim. The beer is tasting better than ever! Wonderful time here! See you next year!

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We have visited Herriots a fue times and it just gets better and better! A lovely receptionist greeted us by our name she recognised us from last time! The room was really clean and it had a lovely view of the Leeds to Liverpool canal, since our last stay there was a new menu which was really nice and also a black bored with all the catch of the days fish on it even told you the name of the boat it was caught on! The evening meal was fantastic, I must recommend the parfait and spring rolls to start, and the beef in ale pie was superb! All the waitresses and bar staff was very helpful and friendly! And a great atmousephear in the bar! I was told that they had a new manager now, well credit to him! Can't wait until we are back again!

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Having stayed at Herriot's on a number of occasions in the last 9 years and always found it to be a very well run, friendly hotel, the staff always doing their best, sometimes in difficult circumstances (when they have been understaffed and busy) to make sure that that everything is just right, I was very disappointed this weekend when my wife and I decided to visit Skipton again, to find that the management had changed. The atmosphere was completely different, the bar was unattended, and every time I wanted service, I had to go and look for someone, the food was disappointing to say the least, and the General Manager's attitude could only be described as shocking. This will be my last visit to Herriots at Skipton and I can only assume that other people will have the same opinion.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
2  Thank woody3
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night over the Easter holiday... Great time here, the food and the service in the restaurant was fantastic. The room however wasn't the best. We were in room 1 and you could hear absolutely everything that went on and struggled to have a good nights sleep as kept being woken up by noise. You could hear the neighbours above just walking, could hear them going to the bathroom, the windows were shaking and banging (it didnt shut properly) and also the room were cold. I would stay here again but would have to try a different room!

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Rooms 6-14 are like climbing Everest. So many stairs that I had to stop half way for breath. Reception not well sign posted. Asked at bar and young gentleman told me to go out and go around the corner. This I did but discovered the reception was only a few steps away and he did not point this out clearly or properly direct me. Room was ok but I have been in many hotels, never had such a gap under the bedroom door. The draft coming through was terrible and you could see people walking past underneath the door.
I had to put paper inside the door as it was not fitted properly and kept rattling. There was no heat in the room, I didn't shower as it was so cold. The sign in the bathroom said please wait for 3 minutes for hot water, it was always lukewarm.
The noise of toilet, pipes and din from other rooms was horrendous. I ate in the bar once, their sandwiches are £7.95 because it includes chips and coleslaw, marketing trick. I only wanted a sandwich because of poor appetite, didn't want chips or coleslaw. Surprise surprise got stung for one sandwich at £7.95 by young female bar staff. That has to be the most expensive sandwich I have ever had. Money grabbers springs to mind. I found Reception staff most insincere, caked in make up and no interest. If you are relying on wifi, it kept going on and off like a yo yo. Very disappointing few days and a bit of a trek to town centre. If you have walking issues I would advise keep well clear.

3  Thank Danny S
Reviewed 18 April 2014

stayed 2nights , reception lounge furniture has seen its day very shabby. the lift was broken for the 2 days we were there my wife has walking problems I would have thought it was priority to have it repaired the day it broke as the hotel seemed to be busy the 2nd day of our stay the fire alarm went off for no reason at 7am , the hotel was being painted the painter ask if he could paint the patio door but would have to leave them open for three hours the owners have not arranged the maintainance planning very good as the holiday season is about to begin

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skipton
Rendezvous Hotel
The Devonshire Fell Hotel
Red Lion Hotel
Red Lion Hotel
#2 of 2 in Burnsall

Been to Herriots Hotel? Share your experiences!