“Excellent !!!!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skipton
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent !!!!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Having read the review below I was dreading going to this hotel I have stayed at this hotel a few times in my past !!! The new manager worked at the hotel in the past. the previous management was really nice. The food menu is much more exciting and tastes delicious and all staff and the NEW MANAGER great. All I can say is the person below doesn't no good management or good food !!!! The hoel all in all is super thank you for a lovely break

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed at Herriots recently and found that our stay was incredible all staff was extremely helpful and honestly couldn't do enough for us, we have stayed previously to this weekend and found this time it was like a whole new establishment the staff were fantastic Janice the receptionist was so friendly and helpful and the restaurant team were brilliant and every manager we came in contact with was more than happy to help, we are very much so looking forward to booking again 10 out of 10 for everything truly fantastic.

Stayed May 2014
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had a fantastic stay here over 2 nights the staff are all friendly and very willing to help. It is great location and i advise you go to the castle (It's a must!!). Food was fantastic - overall a brilliant choice from us & glad we came to this specific hotel (as we were originaly looking at a different hotel).

As for the last comment explained how it is under new management and the G.M is rude i totally disagree with this as he was always happy to help me. The whole staff seemed to work brilliant as a team I for one believe that comes from good management.

I will DEFIANTLY be staying here again in the upcoming future. Overall Lovely only bad point (and that's if im nit picking) I would say is there was a bit of a draft coming in from under the door but not enough to complain about.

Room Tip: Bar is a brilliant place to relax after on our feet all day!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

This is my fifth time at this wonderful establishment and I have enjoyed every moment. The rooms are cosy and clean and the welcome I got when coming through the door was wonderful. I thoroughly enjoy my stays here and feel that this hotel has gone from strength to strength over the years. Yes, there's no lift but a little bit of exercise never did anyone any harm. The bar staff (possibly the management) were very attentive and they catered to my every whim. The beer is tasting better than ever! Wonderful time here! See you next year!

• Stayed April 2014
Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We have visited Herriots a fue times and it just gets better and better! A lovely receptionist greeted us by our name she recognised us from last time! The room was really clean and it had a lovely view of the Leeds to Liverpool canal, since our last stay there was a new menu which was really nice and also a black bored with all the catch of the days fish on it even told you the name of the boat it was caught on! The evening meal was fantastic, I must recommend the parfait and spring rolls to start, and the beef in ale pie was superb! All the waitresses and bar staff was very helpful and friendly! And a great atmousephear in the bar! I was told that they had a new manager now, well credit to him! Can't wait until we are back again!

Stayed April 2014
Stoke on Trent
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Having stayed at Herriot's on a number of occasions in the last 9 years and always found it to be a very well run, friendly hotel, the staff always doing their best, sometimes in difficult circumstances (when they have been understaffed and busy) to make sure that that everything is just right, I was very disappointed this weekend when my wife and I decided to visit Skipton again, to find that the management had changed. The atmosphere was completely different, the bar was unattended, and every time I wanted service, I had to go and look for someone, the food was disappointing to say the least, and the General Manager's attitude could only be described as shocking. This will be my last visit to Herriots at Skipton and I can only assume that other people will have the same opinion.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank woody3
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night over the Easter holiday... Great time here, the food and the service in the restaurant was fantastic. The room however wasn't the best. We were in room 1 and you could hear absolutely everything that went on and struggled to have a good nights sleep as kept being woken up by noise. You could hear the neighbours above just walking, could hear them going to the bathroom, the windows were shaking and banging (it didnt shut properly) and also the room were cold. I would stay here again but would have to try a different room!

• Stayed April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skipton
Rendezvous Hotel
The Devonshire Fell Hotel
The Woolly Sheep Inn
The Woolly Sheep Inn
#3 of 33 in Skipton

Been to Herriots Hotel? Share your experiences!