“Excellent value”

and 1 more site!
Herriots Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skipton
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Very nice, reasonably priced hotel. I have stayed twice recently while on business trips and will definitely use again when working in the area. Rooms in the newer part of the hotel are larger and better laid out, but all are comfortably furnished and very clean and well kept.
Rhubarb restaurant is good value and the food is great, and staff are friendly and genuinely welcoming. The home made cookies at check in is a lovely touch.

Room Tip: Stairs are quite steep, so if this is an issue make it clear on booking
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before on business and found it ok, Nice change how friendly the staff were, I asked if I could change room to look over the canal and this was not a problem they were so helpful. Nice people in the bar the locals were nice and friendly and had a nice chat with them, next time I am working in the area I will definitely stay at this hotel and recommend it to my colleague’s

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Having read the review below I was dreading going to this hotel I have stayed at this hotel a few times in my past !!! The new manager worked at the hotel in the past. the previous management was really nice. The food menu is much more exciting and tastes delicious and all staff and the NEW MANAGER great. All I can say is the person below doesn't no good management or good food !!!! The hoel all in all is super thank you for a lovely break

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed at Herriots recently and found that our stay was incredible all staff was extremely helpful and honestly couldn't do enough for us, we have stayed previously to this weekend and found this time it was like a whole new establishment the staff were fantastic Janice the receptionist was so friendly and helpful and the restaurant team were brilliant and every manager we came in contact with was more than happy to help, we are very much so looking forward to booking again 10 out of 10 for everything truly fantastic.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had a fantastic stay here over 2 nights the staff are all friendly and very willing to help. It is great location and i advise you go to the castle (It's a must!!). Food was fantastic - overall a brilliant choice from us & glad we came to this specific hotel (as we were originaly looking at a different hotel).

As for the last comment explained how it is under new management and the G.M is rude i totally disagree with this as he was always happy to help me. The whole staff seemed to work brilliant as a team I for one believe that comes from good management.

I will DEFIANTLY be staying here again in the upcoming future. Overall Lovely only bad point (and that's if im nit picking) I would say is there was a bit of a draft coming in from under the door but not enough to complain about.

Room Tip: Bar is a brilliant place to relax after on our feet all day!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

This is my fifth time at this wonderful establishment and I have enjoyed every moment. The rooms are cosy and clean and the welcome I got when coming through the door was wonderful. I thoroughly enjoy my stays here and feel that this hotel has gone from strength to strength over the years. Yes, there's no lift but a little bit of exercise never did anyone any harm. The bar staff (possibly the management) were very attentive and they catered to my every whim. The beer is tasting better than ever! Wonderful time here! See you next year!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We have visited Herriots a fue times and it just gets better and better! A lovely receptionist greeted us by our name she recognised us from last time! The room was really clean and it had a lovely view of the Leeds to Liverpool canal, since our last stay there was a new menu which was really nice and also a black bored with all the catch of the days fish on it even told you the name of the boat it was caught on! The evening meal was fantastic, I must recommend the parfait and spring rolls to start, and the beef in ale pie was superb! All the waitresses and bar staff was very helpful and friendly! And a great atmousephear in the bar! I was told that they had a new manager now, well credit to him! Can't wait until we are back again!

Stayed: April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skipton
Rendezvous Hotel
7 mi away
Old Stone Trough Hotel
Old Stone Trough Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kelbrook

Been to Herriots Hotel? Share your experiences!