Mixed feelings after staying here. We booked an executive suite through booking.com but were gutted that the website pictures are VERY misleading. Don't go expecting the jaccuzi as we did. There is only one and it is in the bridal suite. So cannot understand why its picture is on this site as an executive suite, as I would be amazed if you can book it from the web. The receptionists did their best to make it up to us by including breakfast and a drink in the price, but nothing makes up for something that you were looking forward to and expecting, particularly as it was the room that made us choose a night away in Skipton. We had no other reason to be there. We were also told that the executive suites are all the same by the receptionist, but this is totally untrue as we have been in 2 out of 3 of them, one had a normal bath and the other a four poster bed and corner bath.
The room we had was large, comfortable and clean, but there was a lot of water noises through the night which was annoying and disturbed our sleep.
Breakfast was very pleasant. For a buffet the food was high quality and the staff attentive. You eat looking out across the canal and beautiful hills. A real high point, as were the leisure facilities which are good quality.
Think I will book in a different way in future, not sure who to blame for our disappointment, but someone misled us. Had we not been misled, we would probably have been delighted with this room.
The mile walk along the canal to Skipton is also very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This family run hotel on the outskirts of the delightful market town of Skipton - gateway to the Dales, offers the best in Yorkshire hospitality - with staff who really do care! Guests return time and again, whether it's for business or leisure, because we offer warmth and a genuine professional hospitality. Dine in our canalside Baby Swan restaurant where a stream of activity keeps you entertained. We are proud of our restaurant, offering straightforward, honest to goodness food, cooked by a dedicated team supporting local suppliers. We've a fantastic gym, swimming pool, sauna, steam room, spa pool and one mile walk on the towpath of the beautiful Leeds-Liverpool canal into the delightful Dales market town of Skipton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Rendezvous Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous At Skipton Hotel Skipton
- Rendezvous Hotel Skipton, Yorkshire