“Great food and service”

Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Description: Kilnsey Park Estate Cafe/Restaurant showcases the best of local produce including Kilnsey's own award-winning fresh and smoked fish. A relaxed, informal setting for young families and retirees alike. Enjoy a lakeside meal in a spectacular location in Upper Wharfedale by Kilnsey Crag. Signature dishes include our famous Pink Fish & Chips, smoked trout chowder and Yorkshire rarebit. Plus a wide selection of sandwiches and soups. Treat yourself to our delicious cakes and desserts baked fresh on site by the kitchen team.
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Me and my partner enjoyed a lovely afternoon lunch at the Kilnsey restaurant. Amazing food, great service, friendly faces and a lovely atmosphere. This place is definitely worth a visit. The restaurant also has a great little deli attached to it selling local produce. We bought some yummy honey and some of the best smoked trout I have ever tasted ( thank you to the staff for recommending it). I'll be visiting again soon!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Kelly J
KilnseyInfo, Manager at Kilnsey Park, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi thanks for your positive feedback. We're very happy you had an enjoyable experience in the Kilnsey Park cafe and were impressed by the quality of our food and service. We're running some special offers in the run-up to the Tour De France visiting Kinsey so we hope to welcome you again soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely place lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just got back from a day here. Myself my wife and our daughter who is disabled.
We were greeted at the door by the manager and he couldn't have done enough for us. Made us feel incredibly welcome.
We sat outside under a parasol on what was a gorgeous day. The views were superb and the trout was delicious.
Ice creams for all then a cup of coffee. Lovely.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank 483alanc
KilnseyInfo, Manager at Kilnsey Park, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thanks for your review, we're glad you had an enjoyable visit to Kilnsey Park Estate and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
“Fabulous Kilnsey Trout”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I have eaten in and highly recommend the fisherman's platter! My partner had the fish cakes which were also scrumptious. These will a glass of Chardonnay went down a treat in the warm, welcoming and relaxed atmosphere. I also made a purchase from the farm shop where I bought 2 fresh trout. Being a fish and seafood lover I can honestly say I have never eaten trout that tastes so good. The taste was so pure it was obvious the fish live in the natural spring water. Every mouthful was oozing with flavour and goodness. I have since been back for more and also tried the smoked fillets and the smoked whole trout which are equally as good. We had the smoked trout with scrambled egg for breakfast which really set us up for the day. Delicious and very healthy! This place is now a regular haunt for us. We will be dining there again this weekend with family.

1 Thank Lucy B
KilnseyInfo, Manager at Kilnsey Park, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thanks for your positive feedback about dining at Kilnsey. We've worked hard to create a welcoming atmosphere in the cafe and we're glad that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
“Kilnsey fresh and smoked trout”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

1 Thank Lucy B
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Small portions Big Prices”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have asked to take the cafe out of the main part of the review of this attraction, because thats all we went to do - eat, and we didn't do any of the other parts of kilnsey park, so its not fair to lump the cafe experience in what might be a great attraction
its just too expensive- when I pay £8.45 for bangers & mash, I may not expect more, but I certainly dod not feel I should have paid so much for so little. The same goes for the £7.25 for the plughmans lunch- not worth the poor fare of 3 slices of cheap white baguette, 3 hunks of no name cheese (just what were they???) a tiny serving of pickle & a small serving of salad, that made the half of cherry tomatoe look enormous if you were a mouse. we had to ask for butter! Very sad. won't be back
Also the tables are too close together, and this makes it very noisy and difficult to make yourself heard across the table to your family. Especially when the owner is having a very loud conversation with a prospective shareholder(?) on the table behind (time & place mate).
Coffee was good though, although the staff a bit slow with service(too busy vs amount of staff?) food arrived quite quickly
I always get a view of whehter places are overpriced by the cost of a scone with jam & butter- a small one here costs £2.75

• Visited February 2014
KilnseyInfo, Manager at Kilnsey Park, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thanks for your feedback on the cafe experience. Over the winter we've made a number of improvements to the cafe area, including redecorating and putting in a new sofa area. The response to these changes has been uniformly positive. We take on board your comments about the pricing of some of our dishes but we feel that they are a true reflection of the quality of the raw ingredients (including fresh local produce) and the effort that goes into preparing the dishes. We are one of the few cafe-type establishments that still employs a professional chef - many of the pubs now use cooks because they are cheaper.