“Everything you could wish for from a B&B stay.”
Review of Park Hill B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skipton
Park Hill B&B
Ranked #8 of 32 Skipton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a night en route to the Lakes.We felt the B&B provided everything anyone would want from a short stay.The initial communication with the B&B via e-mail was immediate,the welcome friendly and the atmosphere informal. Information about the amenities was made clear and sound advice offered on eating places in Skipton.Our room was quiet,clean and comfortable. A generous and well presented breakfast was served with a smile. At no time did we feel hurried and we enjoyed moments of relaxed conversation with our hosts. We would have no hesitation in returning.

1  Thank kipanddi
There are newer reviews for Park Hill B&B

Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed at Park Hill a few weekends ago for one night. We were in the area to watch a rugby match at Keighley on the Sunday and we wanted to visit Skipton. Park Hill is a fantastic bed and breakfast, possibly one of the best I’ve stayed in. The hosts were friendly and welcoming, the room was spacious and clean and the location was ideal (a short five minute walk into Skipton, although for those less mobile it’s worth pointing out that the walk back to the B and B from town is a little uphill). Skipton is a lovely place, with plenty of shops, nice woodland walks, a castle and a range of restaurants.

Our room overlooked the large garden at the back and it was lovely to relax on the bed, read a book and enjoy the warmth of the setting sun through the window. The room was equipped with everything you would need for an enjoyable stay, including a decanter of sherry (I’m not a sherry drinker, but it was a very nice touch). The hosts have a fridge on the landing area, where guests can purchase drinks and snacks (they have an honesty tin where you pay) and you can help yourself to bottled water and fresh milk. I think this is something that all B and B’s could benefit from, a really nice touch.

Breakfast was delicious, a range of cereals and fresh fruit and a very good full English option (the sausage and black pudding was perfect). I would highly recommend stopping at Park Hill and I imagine it would be a great location for those looking to explore the Yorkshire Dales (I recommend a visit to Settle, Ribblehead and Malham Cove, all great places for walking and some beautiful scenery)

Room Tip: We had a room that overlooked the back garden, it was a nice view out.
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The best B&B I have ever stayed at, everything that you needed and more. Very clean and tidy. Breakfast was amazing. Will definitely come back if we are up that way again.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have been visiting Skipton on business regularly for the past eighteen months and was lucky enough to discover Parkhill early on. I must now have stayed ten times or more and Anne and Lindsay have been fantastically welcoming. Others have mentioned the comprehensive breakfast menu and all the small extra touches that make it the standard against which I now measure other B&Bs. I am really sorry that since my work there has finished not to be returning again.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I've stayed at Park Hill twice and will be going back again and again. Skipton is a great place from which to explore the Yorkshire Dales, and Park Hill is ideally situated on a quietish road leading out of town, and with plenty of off street parking. The rooms are comfortable, the breakfasts superb and Anne and Lindsey are great hosts. It's a five minute walk into town (I've timed it) and there are plenty of places to eat and drink. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Managra
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We stayed at Park Hill for 8 nights in August 2011 as part of our 3 month UK/Europe adventure. The B&B is in a great location both in terms of it being an easy (and pleasant) walk into Skipton, and as a location for exploring the Dales area and beyond.

Anne and Lindsay were wonderful hosts, both were extemely helpful and went out of their way to assist us (we had traveled from New Zealand and weren't familiar with the area). Lindsays full english breakfast was outstanding - freshly cooked and delicious.

The accommodation is of an extremely high standard and small touches like the fridge upstairs which operates on an honesty basis was a nice touch. We would gladly stay at Park Hill should we return to this beautiful part of the world.
TIP
If you get a chance visit the White Scar Cave - they are close by and the trip into the cave was an amazing experience - Lindsay can fill in the details for you.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grantd1963
Reviewed 27 November 2011

What can i say? I can only echo the views of the other reviewers. Excellent hospitality all the way through. Anne and Lindsay couldnt do enough for us and the rest of the guests. A cracking breakfast and a good nights sleep. The guest house was situated about 5-10 minutes walk away from the town centre, on a quiet road. Thanks again for a great stay, and not mentioning the pork pie incident!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple