“Excellent Little Venue”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Little Venue”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This place is impressive; well worth a visit.

It's a small venue so book in well advance. It's an intimate venue and feels cosy. The menu is small but for me that means the food they do is well practiced and cooked to perfection. I had the scallops and the Gressingham Duck and both were perfect.

The Saturday evening visit was as part of a surprise weekend for my partners birthday and it was fantastic.

The food is amazing but what also shone through we're the attitudes of the staff. All the staff were very attentive as we're the owners. I've been to venues where the service staff see it as 'just a job' but here they want you to have a great experience and clearly take pride in what they do.

Plus I'd asked for a birthday message to be put on the dessert plate and when it came it was even personalised! It was a really nice touch.

If you're in Skipton and you don't eat here, you've genuinely missed out.

I can't rate it highly enough.

Visited October 2013

Auckland, New Zealand
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We wandered into Skipton from our B&B without a reservation from dinner anywhere thinking it would be easy for the 4 of use to find somewhere. No such luck. Our options were looking grim as restaurant after restaurant weren't able to take us. And we thought we might end up somewhere dire. We managed to get into Le Caveau and after multiple rejections we were all prepared to make do with what we got.
Well - we were pleasantly surprised. The menu was good and the dishes that we got surpassed our expectations. Definitely one of the meal highlights of the trip. We had a very enjoyable evening and would visit again and recommend anyone else to go there as well.

• Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The Best”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Myself and my wife have visited Le Caveau prob 20/30 times over the past ten years and always been more than satisfied with the food , service and ambience . Brian Richard and Marissa and staff are always friendly and accommodating . We are in the food industry and are quite picky about where we eat and Le Caveau ticks ALL the boxes

Skipton
“Excellent”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Revisited here after quite a long gap and had quite forgotten just how good the food is !
We had the 3 course set price menu but there was plenty of choice and the service was spot on!
This is not a large restaurant,maybe 20 to 24 covers and was fully booked on a Thursday night so that is a good indicator of a good restaurant

NY
“Delicious, interesting menu, great environment.”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here 3 or 4 times now and every meal has been delicious. As a vegetarian I always feel well catered for with a variety of fresh tasty dishes. Atmosphere is great - it's in an old jail cell! Service is just right. Innovative food warmly served, with the old style of a dish of accompanying veg. Last night I had a mushroom and Stilton tart that I can't stop thinking about... I'd eat here whenever I could!