“Birthday Treat”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2011

We had read the reviews and they are all absolutely right! We went on my 57th birthday and enjoyed the midweek special menu at £20 a head. All courses were superb, portion sizes just right (thankfully not too overwhelming), wine excellent. We were glad to have booked a table, even at the beginning of February they were soon full. Service faultless. We can highly recommend the Navarin of lamb and the Sticky Toffee Pudding was honestly the best I have ever tasted (bit of an expert on this subject!) I wish we lived in Skipton!

1  Thank JuliaChesterfield

Reviewed 14 November 2010

We had the most delicious meal as always on Friday. We have been coming here for lunch and Dinner for over 10 years and it is without doubt the most consistent place to go to for wonderful food and great service.
We now live in Lancashire and make special trips just to come and eat here.

Big thanks to Brian and all the staff for a relaxed yet very professional service.

Best Wishes

Elaine and Ross

1  Thank Elaine191255
Reviewed 23 September 2010

We booked a table for 8 pm and we were running late this was not problem at all. We were greeted by a lovely young lady ( Lucy I think ) who promptly attended to providing us drinks and menus. We ordered with the older gent ( Brian I think) who was also very friendly. We were then moved from the small and cozy bar/lounge into the dining area. We were offered three different types of home made bread and also Britta filtered water which is a lovely touch. I had the breaded risotto cake as a starter and my partner had haddock tart. These were perfectly cooked and presented beautifully. The risotto cake has just the right amount of flavors to leave you wanting more! The haddock tart is a very difficult dish to cook however the chef here seems to pour his/her heart and soul into the dishes. For mains I had Navarian Lamb and my partner had the fish pie. The Lamb again has flavors which will send your taste buds in to a frenzy, flavors presented in the form of a moreish jus. The lamb itself is so tender it melts in your mouth, and the portion is more than satisfying. The fish pie is very well compacted and is filled with an amazing mix of fish, flavor and with a perfectly crisped topping. Desserts were yet again amazing I had Baileys bread and butter pudding with an amazing creme anglasie and my partner had sticky toffee pudding with cinders ice cream, yet again we cleared the plates the Cinders Ice cream had chunks of toffee pieces which was a perfect combination. The meals were three courses for £20 per person on a mid week offer, although by the sounds of it they don't need to do special offers as it is always fully booked recommended to ring to book. The staff are really friendly and are brilliant at their jobs. I wish I could eat here every night. The only down side of this restaurant is the toilets, they remind me of having a wee on an airplane! (lol) guess they add to the character of this beautiful underground restaurant . TOP RESTAURANT!!!

1  Thank Miss_Travelbug999
Reviewed 24 October 2009

We live in Skipton and have eaton her on a number of occasions, as a group or as a couple

There is no doubt this is the best restaurant in Skipton, and the service is excellent

Its slightly higher prices, but well worth it

The staff are always very friendly and like to ensure you have a great evening

Its a lovely cosy room, which is actually quite romantic but still nice for a group booking

Reviewed 19 August 2009

After a very friendly welcome, we were delighted with the quality and service. The starters and main courses (duck and hake) were well presented and prepared and there was a pleasant atmosphere throughout.
Highly recommended.