“Good food, great staff & great atmosphere!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 147 Restaurants in Skipton
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Mexican, Pizza, British
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Good food, great staff & great atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have been here lots of times & never had a bad meal! The staff are fantastic & nothing is too much trouble (on an earlier visit they let me decorate the table for my nephews birthday - in the Pirate theme of course!!)
As usual the food was really good & we didn't feel rushed even though the place was packed!
I would highly recommend Calico Jacks!!

Visited November 2013

Colne, United Kingdom
“Melting Moments”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is the second time that I've eaten here and both times excellent, though this was my second time I had tried to get a meal more times, but it's always packed, you need to book, good range of chicken, ribs, pizza, sandwiches, good prices, good service, must try it if in the gate way to the Pennines

skipton
“Silver wedding suprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

A celebration surprise from our sneaky children. An excellent greeting from the very friendly who showed to our table decorated very nicely for the occasion.A variety of starters were all tasty and well presented,mains again did not fail to please with the steak and ribs combo being excellent,desserts did not let the meal down being well up to scratch. Over all highly recommended.

“good relaxed dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

we came here on a whim and enjoyed everything our experience.

i do have to say that we did not expect a great deal as uk tex mex / bbq restaurants 99% of the time don't even understand the type of food that they are trying to serve however Calico jack hit the mark on a number of levels.

we shall deff return just for the pulled pork and chilled beer

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Yorkshire
“A pleasant family experience, very welcoming.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We visited as a party of nice (including 3 children) after booking in advance - on arrival the welcome was very friendly from the staff and we were seated in the middle of the pirate-themed restaurant on a long table.

Orders were taken efficiently and the food subsequently arrived in good time. I have a few minor gripes about certain things (garlic bread was a little bland, burgers very salty) but on the whole it was a nice meal and the issues I've mentioned didn't tarnish things to the point where I felt the need to mention them. I only do so now as constructive criticism and to share my experience with others.

I hungrily opted for the "Jack Sparrow" burger which is a double - aside from the salty taste (perhaps part of the theme of being at sea?) it was nice enough. Too big to eat as a burger but easy to dismantle. Fellow diners opted for steak and ribs and I became rather envious after trying some of the rib, very tender and well seasoned with lots of meat on them - a definite for next time.

All in all a nice experience, generous portions and good service - just one note, walking in and out past the outdoor seating means you have to swim through a fog of cigarette smoke, tables near the door should be non-smoking to help contain this in my opinion.

• 3 of 5 bubbles