“Large portions”

Ranked #23 of 155 Restaurants in Skipton
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Here at Calico Jack Restaurant we pride ourselves on the ability to provide a thoroughly enjoyable experience for you on every visit. We use the finest ingredients in both our food and drinks to ensure no-one is left hungry and everyone leaves with smile on their face. Our staff always try to prove the most exceptional level of service for you, so if you have any query whatsoever, please don`t hesitate to stop one of us and ask for assistance, whatever it be an urgent request or you`re just having trouble deciding what to eat! We are always happy to help and/or offer advice. Very happy to see families with children, we have a large selection of children menu available all week. Big partys and special occasions ara more than welcome, like birthdays or hen partys, we can seat 45 people in a separated area. So thank you very much for joinig us today, and see yo there on board... Calico Crew
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Visited this place for the 1st time. A huge menu, I found it difficult to choose from this but went for the burger and my friend had a pizza. Food was delicious!
I have only given this place 4 stars due to the extortionate price of non alcoholic cocktails- almost £5.00 for one?! This is more than a large glass of wine which I can't understand for fruit juice?
Anyway it would not stop me from returning. Lovely food.

1  Thank Hike5

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Must go. Fine dining with casual atmosphere and so much value for money. Something for everyone on menu.Beautiful chicken with cream, garlic,‏ onion, spinach ragu & parma ham. I will be back.

2  Thank Sue G
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is the place....

you want amazing ribs...steak to die for....burger that puts all others to shame...and some of the best service I have ever recieved in a restaurant bar none!

If you come to Skipton or even within an hour of Skipton this is where you need to go...I promise you wont regret or forget it.

Quite possibly the best meal of out holiday. Its not often a meal sticks with you for being one of the best you have ever eaten but this pirate themed hidden gem has set a new milestone for fantasticly prepared and served food. The service we received was, I think, the best I have experienced in a UK restaurant.

The only thing I would ask is that the music is turned down just a touch. Admittedly the lively music created a great atmosphere but it would have been nice to not have to raise our voices so much while we waited for our meal.

1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

A quirky place to visit, lovely food. My second visit, usually friendly staff but on this night one staff member was very abrupt and seemed put out with requests.
We were seated in the elevated area this time and the seats were very hard and uncomfortable.
Not as pleasurable as the last visit.

1  Thank Samantha M
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

What a lovely quirky place! Good food, friendly service and great cocktails! The only downside for me was I asked my steak to be cooked as rare as possible and it was more medium but the fab blue cheese sauce made up for that!
All in all we had a good time!

1  Thank MissMeadows1990