“Good food”

Ranked #23 of 161 Restaurants in Skipton
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Here at Calico Jack Restaurant we pride ourselves on the ability to provide a thoroughly enjoyable experience for you on every visit. We use the finest ingredients in both our food and drinks to ensure no-one is left hungry and everyone leaves with smile on their face. Our staff always try to prove the most exceptional level of service for you, so if you have any query whatsoever, please don`t hesitate to stop one of us and ask for assistance, whatever it be an urgent request or you`re just having trouble deciding what to eat! We are always happy to help and/or offer advice. Very happy to see families with children, we have a large selection of children menu available all week. Big partys and special occasions ara more than welcome, like birthdays or hen partys, we can seat 45 people in a separated area. So thank you very much for joinig us today, and see yo there on board... Calico Crew
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We went out for a meal hear for my mums birthday the food was tremendous the staff were really nice and friendly
Nice noise level not to noisie

1  Thank Shane R

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Very good 'grill' type food. We normally go on a Wednesday when they have offers on BBQ food. I wouldn't say it was cheap but it is better value than other grills nearby and is relaxed and down to earth. Good portion sizes.

1  Thank Alan W
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Visited early on a Saturday night. You can tell how good this place is as even at 6:30 p.m it was full. The staff are extremely friendly and efficient and there is a wide range of dishes on offer. My Chimechanga was excellent ,served with wedges and a side salad so there was no need for extras. It was delicious and the portion was just enough. My husband chose the duck, served with plum and walnut sauce which I will definitely choose next time we visit. It was beautiful, cooked to perfection and my husband declared it the best he has ever had! Praise indeed from him! . Even though it was so busy we didn't feel rushed at all and neither did the staff continually ask if we were ok, something which can be annoying when you are trying to eat. The surroundings are good with background music,just enough to create the right atmosphere and small tables outside for you to enjoy either a pre dining or post dining drink, weather permitting. A thoroughly good experience.

2  Thank twosmiffs
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Visited this place for the 1st time. A huge menu, I found it difficult to choose from this but went for the burger and my friend had a pizza. Food was delicious!
I have only given this place 4 stars due to the extortionate price of non alcoholic cocktails- almost £5.00 for one?! This is more than a large glass of wine which I can't understand for fruit juice?
Anyway it would not stop me from returning. Lovely food.

1  Thank Hike5
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Must go. Fine dining with casual atmosphere and so much value for money. Something for everyone on menu.Beautiful chicken with cream, garlic,‏ onion, spinach ragu & parma ham. I will be back.

2  Thank Sue G