“Excellant once again.”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Was welcomed on arrival and shown straight to our table.
Service was very good and pleasant.
Drinks and starts arrived in no time and were enjoyed by all.
Main dishes were excellent with an array of tastes.
Highly recommend but best to book so you are not disappointed as there always seems to be plenty of people in the restaurant.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The food was good, however the service was shocking. Served on dirty plates by the world grumpiest waiter I have ever met. Asked for the Bill and 45 mins later it had not arrived. Asked again and said we had been waiting for a long time.. The waiter who we could barely understand basically said what's the problem I gave you a complimentary mint!! Good food let down by one waiter. Won't be going again .

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The restaurant was busy when we were there - the previous day had been Eid and the restaurant had been closed. We had to wait a bit to order our food although we were served drinks quickly.

My meal (bindi gosht) was excellent although my wife didn't overly enjoy her vegetarian meal but she had ordered something she hadn't tried before. Overall cost was reasonable.

The previous time we had visited the Aagrah in Skipton it had been in its old premises. The new venue is a lot larger and has a more central location by the Leeds Liverpool Canal.

Hi Aagrah,

Long time admirer, first time caller.

I thought this was one of the worst indian restaurants I have ever had the misfortune of attending. The list of faults is seemingly endless, by I will attempt to provide some without angering myself further.

1) We ordered cocktails which did not arrive and upon enquiring of the location of said drinks, were told 'there is no liquid'. A brazen lie as at several times I witnessed liquid being delivered to other customers.
2) The look of shock on the face of the waiter when we asked if we could order food led me to genuinely believe he was unaware of his location and indeed occupation as a waiter.
3) I genuinely believe you may have violated the Geneva convention by not providing sauces with our poppasdom's, I mean seriously, when will the madness end?
4) The waiter was incredibly angry with us for not knowing the genuine punctuation of the dishes we were ordering. Is it acceptable practice for us then to be angry at him for not knowing the correct pronunciation of any English words? If so please could you put a sign up to let customers know this. Otherwise please cut this act from the waiters repertoire.
5) The onion bhaji's looked like onion rings. Seriously?
6) My colleague has also complained about being very warm. Please see to this with the utmost haste.

On the plus side, the decoration was ok and the na'an breads were ok. Well done.

Many Thanks

8  Thank Jack T
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We were hungry to get Indian food like(parathas,biryani etc.) and Aagrah made us happy by serving delicious,tasty and hot,fresh food on time. the prices seems to be OK,the ambience is good and the owner is very helpful

1  Thank SameerKum