The Plough Rhosmaen
US$194
Hotels.com
White Hart Inn(Llandeilo)
US$93
Travelodge Llanelli Cross Hands(Llanelli)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$113
  • Restaurant
US$80
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscockleswelsh breakfasttowy valleyhigh standardmain coursewedding receptionfood was fantasticroom was largestaff were attentivelovely hotelevening mealsunday nightfish and chipsbe visiting againexcellent stayone night staywest wales
Reviewed 10 June 2012

WOW what a wonderful place to stay. we arrived in wales and decided to try our luck. sadly they had no room at the inn for wednesday night. we were immediately offered help in finding a place to stay. they were able to find a room at the white hart pub down the road. it cost £70 B&B which suited the very 70's dated theme.
We popped back to the plough for dinner that night which was overall a great experience.
I had the crab and prawn ravioli and my partner had the trio of salmon. the only down fall with the starters were that my dish was "warm" not hot and my partners lobster bisque lacked seasoning.
our main dishes arrived and were perfection. steaks cooked to our rare and medium rare tastes were superb (not many chefs in england seem to get that right) and being proudly south african we are very particular about our meat.
they were so helpful and were able to fit us in the following evening but this time for DB&B. for £90...........amazing value!
we were in room 102 and i wish i had taken some photos. wonderful walk in shower, great products to use, decor is wonderful - modern but warm, view out over farm lands, great table to work at and the BED IS TO DIE FOR.
my partner wanted to get out of bed and we were in stitches as he had to roll 3, yes folks i said 3 times to get out of the bed. the biggest and best bed i have ever slept in. utter bliss.
but now lets get back to the other treats that were included in this wonderful cost of £90
we made use of the wonderful sauna, yes there was a full gym but sadly could not get my butt into action to do anything more strenuous than relax.
we were very excited to go dinner as the previous night had us salavating for what delicious morsels would be on offer this evening.
i chose to have the mushroom rarebit which was so yummy i had to ask for extra bread to mop up all the wonderful sauce. my partner had the lamb koftas which was outstanding.
it created a buzz in the restaurant which had all the other dinners following suite.
for my main dish i ordered the lamb which i could have cut with the back of a butter knife. it was so tender and every component of the dish went perfectly together. my partner had the special which was hake with a herbed crust which he devoured in a flash - did not even get a taste of that one. our meal was to the highest standard and the portions are wonderfully fulfilling (thank god as i have a wonderfully big appetite)
after a couple of gin and tonics and a bottle of great wine no dessert could be ordered, not a gap to fit anything else in.
the only thought was to get back to that wonderful bed and have the best nights sleep i have ever had in a hotel.
we loved our time there so much we asked to stay another night but once again they could not fit us in.
so in conclusion the only down fall with this wonderful inn is that they have too many guests wanting to stay. so i suggest you book in advance and get to enjoy the wonderful experience that is THE PLOUGH INN

Room Tip: book book book, room 102 was wonderful
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Thank you so much for taking time to pass on your kind and enthusiastic praise. It is heartening to hear that you enjoyed all of what we have to offer. I appreciate your detailed review of your meals with us. The Chef's are working to the highest of standards and we always love to know when it is appreciated and enjoyed. Your comments will be passed on. I am pleased that Reception was able to help you to book alternative accommodation and that you were able to stay at least one night with us. It is a compliment that you chose to dine with us on the nights that we were unable to accommodate you. Your praise for every aspect of your stay is exactly what we aspire to acheive. I am delighted to know that we were have provided you with such good memories.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

We recently returned from a stay at the Plough thanks to an offer through Groupon. The reception staff were very friendly and we were shown to our rooms immediately. The room itself was lovely. Clean, modern with a lovely view from our bedroom. Would have liked a DVD in the room as we like to stay up late and the television is not always up to scratch! We ate here on both nights. The food was excellent both in taste and presentation. My only criticism was that I would have preferred a more varied menu!

There was a wedding on the second night that we were there and although the Plough was very busy it did not detract from our enjoyment. Yes we may have had to wait a little longer for a drink at the bar but so what, we were there to relax and enjoy yourselves!

The weather wasn't very good while we were there but it didn;'t matter. We hope to visit again sometime soon hopefully when then sun is shining and it is a little warmer. As it was our intention to relax and enjoy I would look forward to taking my book and relaxing on the bottom terrace reading and sipping a glass of wine! Fabulous.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor and did hear a little noice from the lower ground floor which I assume was the laundry room. As the windows were closed as it wasn't warm enough to open them this may be a problem during the summer months when they may be open!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff looked after you well, throughout your two day stay.
It is always good to know that the quality of the accommodation is enjoyed and appreciated. Your Restaurant Experience is most important to us and it is pleasing to hear that you found the food and service to be excellent. Our Chef's work to acheive consistently high standards in quality and presentation and choose to source high quality local produce. We alter our menu range on a regular basis so hopefully the next time you stay with us you will be able to choose from a new selection. We do have a D.V.D. player available to our guests so be sure to request that it is brought to your room.
We always have very competetive rates available on our website for Seasonal Breaks offering Dinner Bed and Breakfast. Look forward to welcoming you again..

Reviewed 4 June 2012

My husband and I spent Saturday and Sunday night using a Groupon voucher. There was a wedding on the Sat. Night which meant the place was very busy and we heard doors banging quite late. Sunday night was a lot quieter. The food was good and well presented but the service seemed a bit hit and miss with various people coming to the table and not one person allocated to an individual table.
Our room appeared to be newly built. The decor was nice and the outlook pleasant. A patio door allowed us to access the car outside easily. The room would have been more spacious without the bunk beds and the doors were sticking and would only close by brute force. However it was comfortable, clean and we loved the view across to the Black Mountains.
We would recommend this hotel but would suggest it is better to avoid it when it is being used as a wedding venue.

Room Tip: We were next to the laundry room. Not a good place to be if you want a lie in or an afternoon rest.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us have us have your feedback. It is good to know that the standard of accommodation and the quality of our Restaurant Food was enjoyed and appreciated but I am sorry to hear that certain aspects of your stay were disappointing.
I can only apologise that you were disturbed by other residents. This was a most unfortunate and unusual occurrence. I understand that you stayed in one of our newly built rooms (of which we are very proud) and that the door to your room was 'sticky'. I can now assure you that these initial teething problems have been eliminated and the doors are functioning smoothly. Your observation of the style of service from staff in the Restaurant has been addressed so that designated areas are assigned to particualr staff. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to address your comments. I hope that when you stay with us on another occasion you will be completely impressed with every detail of our accommodation and service. If however there is ever any need to express your concern then please let us know whilst you are staying with us in order that we can address and rectify any matter on your behalf.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed one night at the Plough and would return. Our room was clean and quite big and well furnished. Staff were very friendly at reception and in the bar and restaurant, the breakfast waitress less so but pleasant enough. Dinner was good, with plenty of choice, and service was very good but we felt the menu could be a little simpler. Overall, we felt comfortable there and thought we had received very good value and service.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor may be a bit darker.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tyngelli
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for taking time to let us have your feedback. We value the comments of all our guests.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found that the staff looked after you well throughout your evening with us.
We take pride in the standard and quality of our accommodation and so it is good to know that you found the rooms to be well-furnished and comfortable.
Our chefs work to acheive consistenly high standards and the quality and presentation of food is very important. When you stay with us on another occasion, it would always be possible (with prior notice) to adjust or simplify a dish to your taste.
If you check our website you will find a selection of offers for seasonal breaks offering Dinner Bed and Breakfast at very competetive rates.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Plough.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

wow! what a wonderful surprise we had after booking The Plough Inn with a Groupon Voucher. The room we had was really lovely overlooking the welsh mountains. The staff in the hotel could not have been more attentive and pleasant.
Only complaint was that we were a party of 8 in the Restaurant for Dinner and we had to wait quite a long time for our order to be taken and for the meal to arrive! would stay here again!

Room Tip: ask for excecutive room
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at the Plough.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were well looked after by my staff. It is pleasing to hear that you were impressed by the standard of accommodation in the Hotel.
I am sorry to hear that you felt you waited a little too long for your meal, because this is very unusual and so I hope that on your next visit we can impress you with our excllent food and service.
We have very competetive offers on our website for seasonal breaks offering dinner bed and breakfast.
I hope to welcome you back to the Plough in the near future.