My wife and I decided to visit Llandeilo where I used to live many years ago. We found this hotel on the Internet and booked a stay for 3 nights
When we arrived the receptionist helped us with our case and changed our room to a ground floor one because my wife has difficulty with stairs. Our room had 2 single beds in it an was extremely comfortable with lovely views across the Towy Valley. The bathroom was scrupulously clean and had everything in it that we would possibly need. The towels were changed daily.
The restaurant and bar were very pleasant and comfortable and the food was excellent. There were 2 menus to choose from. The quantities of food were great and we were well filled. After dinner we relaxed in the bar area and chatted with fellow guests.
Breakfast was started with a serve yourself table with various fruit, cereals and juices. The waitress took our order for the main part and it was cooked to perfection.
The hotel is about a mile out of Llandeilo on the A40 road and is very easy to find. It is central for a lot of attractions in the area.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone who visits the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming four star boutique hotel and award winning restaurant set in the beautiful Towy Valley at the edge of the Brecon Beacons. Surrounded by castles and country houses with the National Botanical Garden of Wales and Aberglasney House only minutes away. Enjoy beautiful views from all 23 of our well appointed en suite rooms equipped with everything you would expect for your stay - queen sized beds, free wifi, sofas and disabled facilities - all impeccably serviced with our attention to detail. Why not take advantage of our gym and sauna to unwind and relax during your stay! At the Plough you will be greeted with a traditional Welsh welcome, good food from our varied menu in our award winning restaurant, including gluten free, with excellent wines that can be enjoyed in a warm and relaxed atmosphere served to you with that all important personal touch. Afternoon tea is also available, includes a selection of scones, cakes and sandwiches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The Plough Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Plough Hotel Llandeilo
- Plough Hotel Llandeilo
- The Plough Inn Llandeilo, Wales