“Wonderful surprise”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Llandeilo
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We spent two nights at The Plough and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is extremely modern both in the dining area and the rooms. The food is excellent and very well presented. The wine list is very good and covers all needs. We debated about staying another day but had commitments elsewhere in Wales so reluctantly continued our journey.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Bluenoser86,

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will be sure to pass on all of your feedback to my hard working team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough next time you visit the area.

There are newer reviews for The Plough Inn

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The Plough is a real hidden gem, wonderful friendly service, great rooms and food to die for. Always a pleasure to stay here, the only thing that keeps me going on my long trip down from Leeds is the knowledge that the Plough is waiting for me at journey's end.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RichardHL13

Dear RichardHL13,

Thank you for taking your time to leave such a positive review regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with another comfortable stay. My chefs work hear to provide 1 rosette quality food and will be happy to hear your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed for our 41st wedding anniversary, have used this hotel many times and it is getting better each time.
Food - New menu, excellent food well presented and served, of the 4 on our party the food could not be faulted, and they even have a wine list that covers all tastes not tho modern idea of only serving wine that is very dry.
Staff - Helpful and attentive but not obtrusive, nothing is too much trouble for them if their quest to make your stay enjoyable.
Accommodation - room was of a high standard, very clean and has everything I could want, decor is of a high standard, well furnished with huge comfortable beds, the room overlooks open fields, as most of them do, very quiet and with Wi-Fi included.
Breakfast was excellent, freshly cooked and of a very high standard, staff friendly and helpful, owners were on hand as we checked out, ensuring our stay was up to standard.
A new Breakfast room is being built but it does not detract from the stay at all as it was almost unnoticeable, when finished we were told it will allow for a new guest lounge and dining area.
A fantastic hotel in a rural location where everything is done to help the guest and ensure the stay is of an exemplary standard, there are a few others I have stayed in could learn a lot from this Hotel. All I can do is thank everyone there for a great break.

Room Tip: All rooms a very quiet, furnished to a high standard with excellent decor, all the ones I have used...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Clive C,

Thank you for passing on your kind review.

It is especially pleasing to welcome returning guests to the Plough. We are proud that you have chosen to stay with us on more than one occasion and have found so many aspects of the hotel and restaurant to be of a consistently high standard.
Our chef's will be heartened to hear that you enjoyed the new menu. We pride ourselves on the quality of the produce that is sourced locally, providing a 1 rosette dining experience.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit, where you will be able to take advantage of our new lounge.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stopped for lunch on the 24th May as we were passing through LLandeilo. The food was very enjoyable and reasonably priced. The dining room was lovely with great decor and ambience. The staff were very friendly and efficient. I left my scarf behind and it was accidentally picked up by another customer. The staff retrieved it from the other diner for me and then posted it back. You don't get attention like that very often and I'm very grateful. We will definitely be going there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lindy L,

Thank you for taking time to leave such a positive review of your recent visit.

It is great to know that you enjoyed your meals and that you were able to relax and enjoy the ambience. I am also happy to hear that you were reunited with your scarf!

I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We organised a group of 10 vintage cars and their owners to tour S. Ireland for a week and we were recommended to book intoThe Plough on the way to and from the ferry port. We are so glad we took up that suggestion! The rooms were spacious and clean with every facility one could need, all nicely decorated. The staff were all very attentive and pleasant. The food in the restaurant was excellent and offered a large selection of standard and more exciting dishes, all beautifully presented. We were intrigued by the Tonka Bean ingredient in one of the desserts and on asking the restaurant manageress about it, we were asked if we would all like to try some. We are game for most things so said "yes please" and duly had some tasters of the little biscuits. We still aren't sure what the taste is exactly but we did appreciate the care that was given to satisfy our curiosity, especially when all the staff were busy with two large parties to cater for. The breakfast was also excellent and plentiful, filling us up nicely for a long, wet drive home to the south of England. Thank you for looking after us all so well.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the back of the hotel which were quiet and overlooked fields.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear DEDW,

Thank you for taking time to leave such a wonderful review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and that your rally group were able to relax and enjoy our facilities.
I will pass on your praise to all members of my team, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is, by far, the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I have recently got back, after a four day trip (Monday 26th- Thursday 29th May), and we really had a fantastic time. As we first walked in, an aroma of freshness and cleanliness greeted us, as well as a very polite receptionist, who lead us to our rooms.
The rooms were very generously sized, and the beds were extremely comfortable. We had three rooms, with a lounge bit in between with sofas, and all three rooms had large plasma televisions, which we often congregated around with cups of the luxury hot chocolate and coffee provided by the hotel. The showers were very powerful which was nice, and the water was also soft. There was luxury shampoo and shower cream offered (I again took advantage of this!).
The hotel is situated in a fantastic location, with picturesque views all around. One is surrounded by totally breathtaking mountains, and a very cute town, which has good pubs and a retro diner (AJ's), which make the burgers themselves. Around 40 minutes away, was Pembrey Country Park, which had lots of facilities (such as tobogganing, beaches, adventure playgrounds etc.), all for £5 (although, the tobogganing requires a small extra fund). However be cautious around the beach, as when we went the shore was lined with lots of jelly fish! Newton house and Dinefwr castle are also great places to visit.
The hotel also boasts a gym, which has treadmills, and bikes etc. there was a good sized sauner, which I took again full advantage of. The breakfast was fantastic, with choices such as a traditional english breakfast, bacon butties, beans on toast and a fantastic vegetarian option, (I am a vegetarian myself so this was very good). I am told by my relatives that the bacon was especially nice, and all the produce was clearly local.
In conclusion, this hotel is very well run and everything was clean and perfected. Quite frankly, reviews which say otherwise are speaking utter nonsense!
Thanks Plough for a fantastic few days away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Rob G,

Thank you for taking your time to leave such a glowing review of your recent stay.

I am thrilled to hear that your party were impressed with all aspects of your stay and were able to take advantage of our amenities.
All of my team work tirelessly to provide first class personalized service for our guests, I will be sure to pass on your praise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough Rhosmaen soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Lovely place, plenty of seating, and a nice waitress. However, we ordered afternoon tea at a cost of £8.50 each, the amount of food left us wondering for a few minutes when the rest of the order was coming. After we realised that the tiny bites of cakes, small thin sandwiches which had been sitting in a fridge for a few hours, and a large, but biscuit hard scone each, was all that there was going to be, we started. We had to remind the staff that we had yet to receive the coffee included, but they did bring it over when asked.

I have had afternoon tea somewhere where the sandwiches were on fresh bread with a salad garnish, and were wonderful, and the cakes were moist and homemade, and all were served with a pot of tea or a carafe of coffee. The bar was set in the Cawdor, and the Plough unfortunately did not come up to the mark.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nia E
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Nia E,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us your feedback, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your visit and I am shocked to hear your feedback. This is the first complaint of this nature, particularly regarding the size of our afternoon tea.
I feel that a selection of 5 mini cakes and 3 sandwiches accompanied by a scone is a more traditional afternoon tea which of course will differ from other providers. We do however take all feedback on board and would have been happy to have provided you with extra portions should you have requested, also I would like to add that all scones, cakes and tarts are homemade.
As we were not made aware of any of these complaints on the day of your visit we were not able to rectify any concerns.

I have discussed your issues with my head chef and will be implementing any changes that we deem necessary.

Andrew

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandeilo
The Cawdor
Travelodge Llanelli Cross Hands
Stradey Park Hotel & Spa
Stradey Park Hotel & Spa
#3 of 10 in Llanelli

Been to The Plough Inn? Share your experiences!