“40th Wedding Anniversary”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Llandeilo
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for a wonderful few days in your hotel. It was our 40th Wedding Anniversary, and this was the first time that we had stayed in a hotel since our Honeymoon 40 years ago! It was so nice to have all meals cooked for us and no housework to do!! The staff were so approachable and friendly, nothing was too much trouble for them. They made us so welcome. The meals were out of this world, congratulations to the chef. The only meal I could not eat entirely was the Calves Liver, which was a bit fibrous! Everything else was wonderful. The waitress did say that we could have our ice cream on the house as we did not enjoy our main course. We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts which were freshly cooked and served with such "panache!". Patricia, the breakfast waitress is a real gem! Her smile and attitude first thing in the morning was a real tonic!
The view from our room was so lovely, overlooking the Towy valley. The gardens were so pleasant to sit in also.
There was building work going on while we were there, but it did not bother us. It was explained to us that a new area for eating breakfast was being prepared and the existing breakfast room was going to be made into a lounge. I think that will add to the experience of staying, as it would be nice to be able to sit comfortably in armchairs etc. after a meal,
Please pass on our thanks to ALL staff who helped to make our stay so memorable. They really made it for us. Thank you all. Marlene McClelland

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Marlene M,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so pleased that you were able to relax and enjoy your anniversary.

I am happy to hear that my staff were approachable and friendly; they all work extremely hard to ensure our guests can make the most of their visit. I will pass on your comments to all front of house staff.

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your calves’ liver, I have discussed this issue with my head chef who is currently investigating on how this dish can be improved.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, where we hope that you can take advantage of our new lounge area.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our camera club has a social evening at the end of the season and we chose The Plough. We were a group of 26, were given a room to ourselves and were seated round a large table. The table and room were very pleasant and the service was good. The food was rather disappointing. My main meal was hot and the portion size was just right (not too large as I find this rather off-putting) but I was surprised at the very limited and boring choice of dishes for omnivores when compared to the rather larger choice for vegans (main course and dessert). The club was given a menu for the main course of roast turkey or roast beef or salmon or vegetarian option which we had to choose beforehand. Given that we had chosen our meal in advance, I wondered why we had such a poor choice when compared to the a la carte menu. My salmon was OK (but I can do this at home better) but my husband had the beef and had to remove the very thick gravy because it was so salty. My meal was like 'The Curate's Egg' - good in parts and for what I received, I thought it was expensive. My experience might have been better had we not booked as a group.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary P

Dear Mary P,

Thank you for taking time to leave us your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your private room and that you were impressed with the service.

The organizer of the evening did request specific menus (Roast Dinner Menu & Vegan Menu), which were on offer for the party. Had diners requested additional dishes this would have been made available.
My restaurant manager was not aware that your husband was unhappy with the gravy and he passes his apologies on that this issue could not be rectified on the night.

I look forward to welcoming you to The Plough in the future and am sure that your next visit will meet our usual high standards.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We spent two nights at The Plough and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is extremely modern both in the dining area and the rooms. The food is excellent and very well presented. The wine list is very good and covers all needs. We debated about staying another day but had commitments elsewhere in Wales so reluctantly continued our journey.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Bluenoser86,

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will be sure to pass on all of your feedback to my hard working team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough next time you visit the area.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The Plough is a real hidden gem, wonderful friendly service, great rooms and food to die for. Always a pleasure to stay here, the only thing that keeps me going on my long trip down from Leeds is the knowledge that the Plough is waiting for me at journey's end.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RichardHL13

Dear RichardHL13,

Thank you for taking your time to leave such a positive review regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with another comfortable stay. My chefs work hear to provide 1 rosette quality food and will be happy to hear your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed for our 41st wedding anniversary, have used this hotel many times and it is getting better each time.
Food - New menu, excellent food well presented and served, of the 4 on our party the food could not be faulted, and they even have a wine list that covers all tastes not tho modern idea of only serving wine that is very dry.
Staff - Helpful and attentive but not obtrusive, nothing is too much trouble for them if their quest to make your stay enjoyable.
Accommodation - room was of a high standard, very clean and has everything I could want, decor is of a high standard, well furnished with huge comfortable beds, the room overlooks open fields, as most of them do, very quiet and with Wi-Fi included.
Breakfast was excellent, freshly cooked and of a very high standard, staff friendly and helpful, owners were on hand as we checked out, ensuring our stay was up to standard.
A new Breakfast room is being built but it does not detract from the stay at all as it was almost unnoticeable, when finished we were told it will allow for a new guest lounge and dining area.
A fantastic hotel in a rural location where everything is done to help the guest and ensure the stay is of an exemplary standard, there are a few others I have stayed in could learn a lot from this Hotel. All I can do is thank everyone there for a great break.

Room Tip: All rooms a very quiet, furnished to a high standard with excellent decor, all the ones I have used...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Clive C,

Thank you for passing on your kind review.

It is especially pleasing to welcome returning guests to the Plough. We are proud that you have chosen to stay with us on more than one occasion and have found so many aspects of the hotel and restaurant to be of a consistently high standard.
Our chef's will be heartened to hear that you enjoyed the new menu. We pride ourselves on the quality of the produce that is sourced locally, providing a 1 rosette dining experience.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit, where you will be able to take advantage of our new lounge.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stopped for lunch on the 24th May as we were passing through LLandeilo. The food was very enjoyable and reasonably priced. The dining room was lovely with great decor and ambience. The staff were very friendly and efficient. I left my scarf behind and it was accidentally picked up by another customer. The staff retrieved it from the other diner for me and then posted it back. You don't get attention like that very often and I'm very grateful. We will definitely be going there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lindy L,

Thank you for taking time to leave such a positive review of your recent visit.

It is great to know that you enjoyed your meals and that you were able to relax and enjoy the ambience. I am also happy to hear that you were reunited with your scarf!

I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We organised a group of 10 vintage cars and their owners to tour S. Ireland for a week and we were recommended to book intoThe Plough on the way to and from the ferry port. We are so glad we took up that suggestion! The rooms were spacious and clean with every facility one could need, all nicely decorated. The staff were all very attentive and pleasant. The food in the restaurant was excellent and offered a large selection of standard and more exciting dishes, all beautifully presented. We were intrigued by the Tonka Bean ingredient in one of the desserts and on asking the restaurant manageress about it, we were asked if we would all like to try some. We are game for most things so said "yes please" and duly had some tasters of the little biscuits. We still aren't sure what the taste is exactly but we did appreciate the care that was given to satisfy our curiosity, especially when all the staff were busy with two large parties to cater for. The breakfast was also excellent and plentiful, filling us up nicely for a long, wet drive home to the south of England. Thank you for looking after us all so well.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the back of the hotel which were quiet and overlooked fields.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear DEDW,

Thank you for taking time to leave such a wonderful review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and that your rally group were able to relax and enjoy our facilities.
I will pass on your praise to all members of my team, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough in the future.

Andrew

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandeilo
The Cawdor
#1 of 1 in Lampeter
Y Talbot
Y Talbot
#1 of 1 in Tregaron

Been to The Plough Inn? Share your experiences!