Thank you so much for a wonderful few days in your hotel. It was our 40th Wedding Anniversary, and this was the first time that we had stayed in a hotel since our Honeymoon 40 years ago! It was so nice to have all meals cooked for us and no housework to do!! The staff were so approachable and friendly, nothing was too much trouble for them. They made us so welcome. The meals were out of this world, congratulations to the chef. The only meal I could not eat entirely was the Calves Liver, which was a bit fibrous! Everything else was wonderful. The waitress did say that we could have our ice cream on the house as we did not enjoy our main course. We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts which were freshly cooked and served with such "panache!". Patricia, the breakfast waitress is a real gem! Her smile and attitude first thing in the morning was a real tonic!
The view from our room was so lovely, overlooking the Towy valley. The gardens were so pleasant to sit in also.
There was building work going on while we were there, but it did not bother us. It was explained to us that a new area for eating breakfast was being prepared and the existing breakfast room was going to be made into a lounge. I think that will add to the experience of staying, as it would be nice to be able to sit comfortably in armchairs etc. after a meal,
Please pass on our thanks to ALL staff who helped to make our stay so memorable. They really made it for us. Thank you all. Marlene McClelland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming four star boutique hotel and award winning restaurant set in the beautiful Towy Valley at the edge of the Brecon Beacons. Surrounded by castles and country houses with the National Botanical Garden of Wales and Aberglasney House only minutes away. Enjoy beautiful views from all 23 of our well appointed en suite rooms equipped with everything you would expect for your stay - queen sized beds, free wifi, sofas and disabled facilities - all impeccably serviced with our attention to detail. Why not take advantage of our gym and sauna to unwind and relax during your stay! At the Plough you will be greeted with a traditional Welsh welcome, good food from our varied menu in our award winning restaurant, including gluten free, with excellent wines that can be enjoyed in a warm and relaxed atmosphere served to you with that all important personal touch. Afternoon tea is also available, includes a selection of scones, cakes and sandwiches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The Plough Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Plough Hotel Llandeilo
- Plough Hotel Llandeilo
- The Plough Inn Llandeilo, Wales