“Wedding Reception”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Llandeilo
Cardiff
“Wedding Reception”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We attended a wedding at the Plough and found the building and staff all to a high standard. The hotel had obviously had a lot of money spent on it to get it to this standard. The grounds were also well looked after and were a great backdrop for the photo's. The drinks were not too badly prices and the service level was high. The food was of a high standard.

Room Tip: As I did not stay at the hotel I can not comment other than to say the rest of the group who did sta...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Bob R,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review regarding your recent visit.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your day at The Plough, I am pleased especially pleased to hear that you enjoyed your wedding meal and you made the moat of our gardens. I will pass on your feedback to all members of my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough soon.

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed with friends who had been before they loved it and so did we.
The staff were very welcoming on arrival ,our room was large airy beautifully decorated with quality fixtures and fittings as was throughout the whole inn, and to top it all we had a lovely rural view from our room .I might add that we had a huge bed which was very comfortable.
The dinner menu was very extensive and our evening meal was absolutely delicious.
Breakfast too was first class catering for everybody's taste .
All in all I cannot recommend this inn more highly the four of us had a wonderful time and will be returning very very soon.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear has rural views and a beautiful dawn chorus
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fran P
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A relaxing night away from the kids! Beautiful modern decor. Rooms nicely furnished. Liked the jacuzzi in the bathroom!
Food in the restaurant was of a very high standard - deserving of it's AA food rosette.
Staff we're very warm and friendly, with a constant smile as they worked.
Thank you for our stay - we look forward to returning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Rhobeth,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us such a wonderful review

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our executive rooms.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to all of my team, and we look forward to your return to The Plough soon.

neath
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Booked this hotel for my daughters wedding, we stayed the night before the wedding and the day of the wedding.

This hotel is exceptional, the owner,& staff are extremely dedicated to making sure their guests are well looked after.

The food is superb, the rooms are excellent and the service is very professional.

All I can say is stay at this hotel & judge for yourselves

This is a 4* rated hotel & it thoroughly deserves it.

This is probably my shortest review, but everything that needs to be said is above.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are great, but ask for one on the upper floor for fantastic views over the countrys...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear SandamNeath

Thank you for such a lovely and thoughtful review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your daughter’s wedding day, and the night before. The team work very hard to give the best possible service and our brigade of chef’s work hard to produce the quality of food you tasted during your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Plough in the near future.

Kind regards

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My niece and I have just paid our second visit to The Plough Hotel in
Llandeilo in2weeks.In all we have stayed there about 6 to 7 times.Every
time nothing is too much trouble and always done so willingly.The bedrooms
are clean and comfortable and the food is excellent and served with a smile
and patience.It is a treat to stay there. The owner Andrew and the manager
Fred are the icing on the cake.Finally on several occasions we took my
sister who was in her 90s and v slow she was treated with absolute respect
she loved being there she was rather spoilt!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Elizabeth A,

Thank you for taking time to leave such a wonderful and kind review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Plough with your family were able to relax and enjoy our facilities.
I will pass on your praise to all members of my team, as they will be pleased to know what you have said, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough in the future.

Kind regards

london
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I recently was recommended The Plough for a business trip. When I checked in I discovered the age old problem of two mattresses attached to make a double bed which guarantees a bad night's sleep in my book . The lovely receptionist went to a great effort to change rooms for me which I very much appreciated. Indeed the service is excellent all round.
The restaurant and the food however is as very different thing. it's very busy (I don't think there is a massive choice in such a rural area) but the menu and delivery is quite pretentious (why would you slice a steak and build it up into a tower on top of vegetables?) At dinner I ordered calves liver and was given lambs liver; very obvious different size slice, colour, texture and taste. Everyone at the table agreed and it may be worth pointing out two of the three of us work for a red meat processor and the other has had thirty years experience in the food industry. To those that eat liver they will know and appreciate the difference. Not only did the waiter argue rudely with me ('Yes it is, I'll bring you the packet if you like' my reply: 'I'd rather you brought me the chef' which didn't happen) and I got the distinct impression none of them know the difference and appear to be serving the cheaper inferior product.
At breakfast the next day I asked for soft runny scrambled eggs and got something resembling a chopped up overcooked omelette. The second day it happened again even though I asked again and explained it was overcooked the previous day. A chef that can't cook scrambled eggs or tell the difference between different livers is more than enough to put me off eating there again but I would be very happy to stay in room 301 again (proper bed, double aspect with good views and a lovely bathroom with a jacuzzi).

Room Tip: Room 301 on the first floor has a proper double bed (not two mattresses) a double aspect with two wi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Stargazeypie,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review regarding your recent stay.

I am happy to hear that my receptionist was able to relocate you to one of our executive rooms, and you were able to enjoy all the facilities which this offers.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meal, I have already spoken to both my head chef and supplier of our calves liver to discuss your issues and will be implementing any changes where necessary. I will also be discussing with my breakfast chef your feedback and apologize for your unsatisfactory scrambled egg.

We are a busy 1 rosette restaurant, and i am sure should you return to The Plough your whole experience will live up to our usual high standards.

wolverhampton
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Good location to a lot of towns and beaches all within the hour by car. We stayed over night, room really nice with great views. Good night sleep very peaceful. Enjoyed drinks in the beautiful gardens. Breakfast good choice. Hotel very clean and all staff we met very nice and they welcome you. We were a bit gutted as we didn't realise you can take dogs, they have ground floor rooms and there are some beautiful places to go walking and beaches to take dogs on. Would stay again but take our dog too. Just a £10 charge for dogs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Emma C,

Thank you for leaving a positive and kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your thanks to the team as they will be very pleased to hear what you have said. All the team work very hard to give the best possible service to each customer.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Plough in the near future, and we would love to meet you dog.

kind regards,

Andrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandeilo
The Cawdor
Travelodge Llanelli Cross Hands
Y Talbot
Y Talbot
#1 of 1 in Tregaron

Been to The Plough Inn? Share your experiences!