“Very helpful & family friendly”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Llandeilo
“Very helpful & family friendly”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We arrived here a little early after going to the Royal Welsh show. The staff were very accommodating to us with 2 young children and said that they would serve our food a little earlier than usual ( a bonus with a whinging 2 year old and hot baby!). The staff were excellent and very accommodating. They took our food order quickly and the food arrived quickly. It was tasty, I've never seen my daughter eat fish as quickly as she did here! Overall a large roomy dining area, accommodating staff, and ok budget.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Lifeboat47026home,

Thank you for such a lovely review.

I am pleased that my front of house staff were able to help you dine early, we work hard to make all of our diners feel welcome and I am happy to hear that all of your party enjoyed our food and hospitality. We use local ingredients where possible, and feel that this reflects in the quality of the food that we provide. I will pass on all of your comments to my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough in the future

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Not able to pass comment on the rooms or food though i'm told they are excellent.Due to poor mobility i walk with the help of a stick, Almost immediatly on entering the property which seemed beautiful i was told the restaruant was upstair's.I'm not able to use the stair's so, we left bitterly disappointed and, feeling quite second class.
I wish this had been made clear when we looked up the hotel we had made a special journey out.i'am surprised a hotel of this class as no lift.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Anya G,

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback regarding your recent visit.

Please can I reassure you that disabled people most certainly are welcome at The Plough, we often have diners and hotel guests use our facilities.
Unfortunately it seems that as a booking was not made we were unable to make you aware that our upstairs restaurant was in use to due a private function downstairs. I aplogise for the upset that this caused you, I am sure should you return to The Plough again you would enjoy your visit.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Had an excellent stay here the staff were more than helpful and the food second to none a most imaginative menu and reasonably priced a lovely setting and I could not have chosen better
I would go again and have no hesitation in recommending it.
it was well worth the 6 hours drive

Room Tip: we had 304 and it was great for the less abled
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Ian F,

Thank you for leaving such a high praising review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, all of my team work hard to provide top class service along with 1 rosette standard food, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel and beautiful food

We had a party of 32 people and we all enjoyed the 3 course meal. Staff were great and very helpful

The bridal suite was a lovely size room and great service

Would recommend and stay again !

• Stayed October 2013
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Two families with young children & Visited on our way back from show. Tel on route & they actually served us after the usual hours of 9.30pm by reserving table. Only had main course as late but it was beautiful. Waitress was lovely and v helpful, will be back soon!

Stayed July 2014
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Compca1,

Thank you leaving such a positive review regarding your visit.

I am pleased we were able to help with you dine in our 1 rosette restaurant, we use local produce where possible and feel that this really reflects in the quality dishes we serve.
My chefs will be happy to hear your feedback and I will pass on your praise to my front of house staff. We hope you come and visit us again soon.

Andrew.
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I'd heard about this place but only recently got the canhce to stay there. In the wonderful Tywi valley of south-west wales this locla hotel has been turned into a wonderful experience: good rooms - comfortable and modern - and a great restaurant. The staff changed from Welsh to English for different customers and gave the stylish restaurant a warm welcoming feel. Convenient for Carmarthern, Llandeilo and Llandovery, the south wales coast and just to the west edge of the Brecon Beacons this would be a great base for a touring, fishing or walking holiday.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JegeT
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear JegeT,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us such a brilliant review.

I am pleased that you were able to finally come and visit us and enjoy all our stunning location.

I will pass on your praise to all members of my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We have just had a superb meal at The Plough to celebrate our daughters graduation. We couldn't fault it at all. The food and service were both amazing. Well done on a truly great place to eat. We can't comment on the Hotel as we didn't stay but if the food is anything to go by then the rooms must be magnificent!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carla D
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Inn, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Carla D,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am pleased to hear that you were able to celebrate in our restaurant. Here at The Plough we are passionate about providing 1 rosette quality food, we feel that using local produce where possible really reflects the quality of our dishes.

I will pass on your feedback to all members of my team, and would like to congratulate your daughter on her graduation, maybe next time you visit you can treat yourselves to a nights stay- all special offers can be found on our website.

Andrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandeilo
The Cawdor
#3 of 10 in Llanelli
Spilman Hotel
Spilman Hotel
#1 of 7 in Carmarthen

Been to The Plough Inn? Share your experiences!