“Superb!”

The Plough Rhosmaen
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Llandeilo
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I must admit, we had passed the place a few times and with it on a busy road, hadn't really imagined it would be as wonderful as it was!!!!
An absolute little gem of a place to stay! We had a fantastic time at a wedding there! The decor of the place was beautiful! The view from the back of the place and from our room, amazing!
Food there was top class, and could not fault it! Staff were absolutely lovely and could not do enough to help you! We loved the place and will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: August 2014
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Mecs166,

Thank you very much for a lovely review. I am pleased you were finally able to visit us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the food. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to my team of chefs. Our food is sourced locally and my chefs are passionate about providing excellent meals for all of our diners.

I will pass on your kind comments to all of my hardworking team, they will take great pride in knowing you had a lovely stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough, Rhosmaen.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our whole experience was a pleasure. Staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and in a lovely setting with great views. Food is amazing. We have a 3 year old and an 11 month old, the staff were great with the children and we felt very welcome. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jenifer T,

Thank you for taking your time to leave such a fantastic review.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. My staff work extremely hard to provide a warm and welcoming environment to all of our guests.

I will be sure to pass on your message to all of my team who will be thrilled to hear your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plough, Rhosmaen soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Don't ever write reviews for hotels but this really was a great place to stay and eat.

Was there as part of a wedding party and I have to say I was blown away with the quality of the room, great decor, fresh and relaxing. The views of the mountains made it picturesque!

The food at the reception was honestly mouth watering and the only downside was the portions were too large, but that is hardly a bad thing.

The service from all members of staff was warm and welcoming, felt very much at home. The breakfast the next morning was plentiful and lovely, sets you up perfectly for a long drive home.

I have already recommended this hotel to my family who are planning a trip to Wales next year and I will be finding an excuse to go that way again soon as well.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Black Mountain
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Andy D,

Thank you for taking your time to leave such a glowing review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit to The Plough, we work hard to ensure our guests enjoy their room facilities, we are very lucky that all of our rooms look onto the incredible view.

I am also happy that you enjoyed your restaurant experience, our chefs use local quality ingredients where possible and we feel this really reflects in the standard of our dishes.

I will pass on your feedback to my hardworking team and we look forward welcoming your family and yourself once again to The Plough.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

It is always a treat to go to the Plough...good food, helpful staff, lovely setting.
I have seen the place grow over the years, both in size and quality.
The new extension is a very good addition to the Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Mark S,
I am delighted that you took the time to write a review about the Plough. Its always great to hear from our regular customers, as you have seen the place grow. The kitchen team work hard to produce fantastic food for all customers who walk through our doors, the front of house team work hard to give 100% good service at all times and so do the rest of my staff. I will pass on your compliments.
I am pleased that you like the new extension and new lounge. We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

A Great venue including a superb restaurant and relaxing bedrooms. The staff are very efficient and courteous making the stay a memorable one . Nothing less than perfection and great value.
Any person(s) visiting will want to stay again. Highly recommended.

Jayne and Barrie

Room Tip: Higher floors maximise on the views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JayneCopues
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed in a family room. Lovely, clean, child friendly. Food was great and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Air con in the rooms was particularly nice during the hot summer nights. Hope to stay again someday!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Amanda N,

Thank you for your delightful response. We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. The staff members work very hard to give the best possible service, therefore I will pass on your kind comments to them all, they will appreciate it very much.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Plough in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed 2 nights at The Plough in July, using it as a base for meeting up with some old friends. It proved an excellent choice. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, with lovely views, though if I'd been staying more than 2 days I'd have liked a little more drawer space. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly and didn't seem to mind when we talked for ages over breakfast or dinner long after everyone else had left. The breakfasts were very good and the dinner menu imaginative and stylishly presented, though we couldn't see much point in putting some of the food on black slates, which may look very nice but probably makes it difficult for staff to handle. As a vegetarian, I'd have appreciated more than 2 choices of main dish and found the wild mushroom risotto a little too salty for my taste. My meat and fish-eating companions seemed happy, though.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the hotel and had a lovely view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew R, Owner at The Plough Rhosmaen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Janet D,

Thank you for such a lovely review on your recent stay with us - I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed. I will be sure to pass on all your wonderful comments to my staff.

We pride ourselves on the quality of the produce that is sourced locally. I have looked at our vegetarian options and we currently have 3 options along with a special board which often includes vegetarian dishes.

Thank you once again.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Plough in the future.

Andrew

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llandeilo
The Cawdor
#3 of 10 in Llanelli
Emlyn Hotel
Emlyn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newcastle Emlyn

Been to The Plough Rhosmaen? Share your experiences!