“Good lunch stop”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good lunch stop”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Ordered filled baguettes for lunch. Good service and enjoyable food. My wife was given tasters of the real ales by the landlord. Quality ales.

CARMARTHENSHIRE
“Very Ordinary”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This seemingly popular restaurant was disappointing. Although not expensive the food was very plain and dry lacking a sauce to on my salmon and my partners lasagne was the same. Not a place to go back to in a hurry.

• Visited May 2014
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Good pub meal”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This pub has a varied menu of very typical pub meal dishes, including a grill menu of steaks etc.
I had sirloin steak - quite expensive but the meat was very tasty, tender and cooked exactly to the 'medium' requirement I'd asked for.

Good sides of mushrooms and beer-batter onion rings, and the main meal portions were good.
The waitress was very nice and attentive, and as tables became vacant we saw her cleaning up very thoroughly.
Also on the plus side, coca cola is served from either bottles or cans, tipped into a glass, so none of that awful watery rubbish that comes out of a hose, like you get in many places these days.

I would point out that this is a normal *pub* which means it has locals and sometimes music and/or the TV on, showing rugby etc.
Personally I like this as I always see someone I know and end up having a chat.
It mightn't be for those of a snootier disposition, for whom the Cawdors in Llandeilo itself might be a more appropriate destination.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank EWEvans
“Lovely home cooked pub grub”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We went toThe Cottage Inn whilst out with friends who live in the area. The food was top notch, all freshly prepared.
We ordered two 8 oz Gammon, chicken in leek and white wine sauce and a home made curry - everyone's plates were empty by the time we'd finished.
Will definitely be popping in again when back in the area.

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Great pub food, great service”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Lovely welcome from the staff here who were interested in our holiday in the area. Food is good, great size portions, good range to choose from. Children can eat from the adult menu but have a childs portion or choose from their own menu. Local meats served, great lamb. Nice local beers to try too. I will happily go back next time I am in the area. 2 adults/ 1child inc main meal and drinks was about £40.

• Visited April 2014