“Our lunch”

White Hart Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 131 Restaurants in Carmarthen
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Welsh
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Wales UK
“Our lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Reading some of he reviews either make me laugh or cringe - the people that condemn this lovely place to stop for a meal would be better off stopping a KFC - Mac Donald's or some other fast food outlet and let the more concerning diner enjoy the very tastefully prepared meals - I will agree that the menu could be reduced in price for some of the meals - my Wife , Mother in law and myself called in today as we mostly do when travelling west and we were warmly greeted by the Coles Family - again we had three very lovely meals ... Yes we will return !

• Visited April 2014

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Great food in a great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I am quite shocked at some of the negative reviews on here. I have visited this pub on several occasions over the years, and have never had a bad meal. The food is always well cooked and nicely presented, and the portions are quite generous. The meals can be a little pricey, depending on what you have. Bar meals are cheaper. The food is always fresh and comes with a fresh salad or vegetables as a side, again depending on what you have. You can also see the chefs preparing the food, if you sit in the restaurant. I am not a local, but know that the pub is family run, and they use locally sourced produce. I always find the family to be pleasant, and they always thank you for your custom when you leave. The inside of the pub is full of nic nacs which cover the ceiling and walls. This gives the pub an old world charm, and many of the objects are of interest. There is also a childrens play area outside. I will certainly continue to visit the pub when I am in the area, or I will make a special journey to have a good meal on a special occasion. I last visited on 4th April 2014, and tried some of their home made cider, which was very nice and quite strong.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank D W
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Don't be tempted to go in!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

This very attractively appointed inn was a great disappointment. It is vastly overpriced and the quality of the food leaves much to be desired. An obviously reheated baked potato was still cool in the middle. Generous it may be, but large portions of indifferent fare is not what is needed. The lady who served us was very pleasant and smiley, but the other staff seemed to take no interest whatever in their customers......other than how much of their money could be separated from them!

Visited March 2014
5 Thank Brenda847
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and poor quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Absolutely awful. Overpriced food which was mediocre and tepid, and when charged £2.50 for half a soda and lime I nearly choked. I've never been charged that in London. There was a smell as soon as walking into the bar that I can only describe as similar to a rabbit hutch. Overall very disappointed and would definitely NOT recommended. There are far better places to eat for the same money or less.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank Cherie P
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best food ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

this is the finest food that we have ever tasted. meals are generous in size and the quality and service is out of this world. the staff are very friendly and cant do enough to please you. the atmosphere is very relaxed surrounded by some unique antiques and gadgets. their home made brews are very special. my husband is a cider drinker and highly recommends their cider. must not forget the cleanliness of the pub. it is A1.this is very important to us. well done white hart

• Visited February 2014