“Will definitely return :-) peace and tranquility.”

Cilwen Country House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 23 Carmarthen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2014

my partner and I stayed here may bank holiday weekend. having paid a very reasonable price for the two nights stay.

we stayed in the little cottage that is part of cilwen b&b called 'Cilwen Fach'

What an amazing find, just a few minutes out of Carmarthen town and yet straight in to the countryside with such amazing views. A really peaceful weekend. Yet not far to many lovely beaches.

We were greeted on arrival and shown around and also provided with 6 fresh eggs from the chickens on site, which was a lovely little added extra.

The cottage was extremely clean and had all you could ask for such as BBQ facility, kitchen utensils and dish-wear, ironing board, free view, DVD player, hair dryer.
The bathroom/en-suite was gorgeous with an amazing shower to go with it.

It seemed nothing was too much trouble and I'd like to thank our hosts for the weekend. Came to say hello and goodbye and then left to enjoy our weekend which was great also the contact before our visit couldn't have been better.

I can't wait to book our next stay here. cilwen Fach cottage made our bank holiday break very enjoyable.

Vicki xx

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I am staying here whilst working down in Wales & I am so glad that I picked Cilwen. Adrian & Jeff cannot do enough for you, & are such lovely people it is so nice to stay here, it feels like a home from home that includes being spoilt. The accommodation & area are also fantastic just what I need at the end of a day, & a mention for Jeff's cooking - what a treat!

Room Tip: I stayed in the double ensuite which is lovely & spacious & the bathroom includes a shower...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here for one night as party of 7 after a hectic birthday weekend, and was the perfect peaceful night away. Jeff and Adrian were very welcoming from the tea and cakes on arrival to the excellent breakfast the next morning. Next time we would definitely take advantage of the evening meal.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Adrian and Jeff, thanks for an unforgettable stay, so enjoyable, good company, excellent food and an amazing place. Can't wait until we come and visit again when we are next in UK. We were lucky enough to meet Jeff the Chef and Adrian, both took fantastic care of us. We also recommend taking advantage of the evening meals.

Room Tip: We would happily recommend all the rooms, although the en-suite and Cilwen Fach are particularly goo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I stayed for the weekend for our 4th Anniversary; we came all the way from Wolverhampton, West Midlands.

We stayed in the en suite room and it was so beautiful; we felt right at home. Although we didn't get to meet Jeff the Chef, we had lovely breakfasts. Adrian took care of us so well and made sure we were okay at all times. In short, I'm glad we stayed at Cilwen. Maryam and Ferdinand.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 1 November 2010

A large group of us came to stay here as part of a Hen Weekend (22 of us) and never have I been anywhere so welcoming. The B&B and cottage are to die for. Just perfect, even if the hosts didn't agree. Jackie and Stefan have made us feel more than welcome, we were part of the family for the weekend. There wasn't anything that they wouldn't have done for us and they were both always smiling. No words can say how amazing this place is. After staying in many hotels, this is the best "personal" service I have ever had. I can not wait to come back. In fact, I would move in if I could. Just fabulous xx

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Our stay at cilwen was brief but lovely. The farm house is full of character and charm. The owners were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. We would definitely stay here again.