“Dog unfriendly”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived on holiday to Carmarthen stopped to have a meal outside.couple of people out side.our dog tiny little chihuahua cross sat with his water dish went to order meal paid and manager approached my husband outside and then myself to say we couldnt eat outside with dog, it was Wetherspoon policy couldnt give a reason why, very apologetic.we and the other customers outside were
amazed.wont be frequenting a Wetherspoons again out of principle. Some customers hadnt even noticed he was there until we were asked to leave. Their loss !!!!

YrHenDderwen47, Manager at Yr Hen Dderwen Wetherspoons, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We are very sorry that this has upset you at the time of your visit, but it is a company policy that we do need to follow.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Probably the worst wetherspoons in the country. Lack of staff and rude vile attitude by Manageress.Oh and small children at the bar serving area messing about while their parents were eating in a corner, no supervision by staff or parents.

YrHenDderwen47, Manager at Yr Hen Dderwen Wetherspoons, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Thank you for your review. Please contact us at p1721@jdwetherspoon.co.uk if you would like us to look into this further.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Popped in here on own for a few beers and food whilst working in area left half a pint at table went to toilet drink had gone girl collecting glasses barked at me If you leave a drink at table we take it away what am I supposed to do take to toilet with me she gave me my drink back but I fetched a fresh one from bar as her fingers had been inside glass her attitude spoils a good pub

YrHenDderwen47, Manager at Yr Hen Dderwen Wetherspoons, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

You are right, if a drink is left unattended we will clear the table and re-lay it for another customer to use.

In this instance, there would of been no harm in letting the bar staff know that you hadn’t finished your pint, they would of even looked after it for you.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

i came here with my mother sister and partner for a stop for lunch. As weatherspoon is not normally a disappointment but we have came here with the intention of having a meal. My sister is 16 years old and my mother went to the bar to order our drinks. She ordered a small shandy for my sister. A gentlemen who was serving at the bar came over and said with there policy they do not serve alcohol to under 18s as of the challenge 21. Now my sister did not purchase the alcohol. Laws are strict to 16-17 year olds allowing them to have a pint of beer.lager. Cider or a measurement off sherry or mead. As I work in a very busy hotel/restraunt myself as of my mother having a full personal licence. We tried corresponding with the staff but the drink got taken away. Not even wondering if she would like a different drink! His attitude was shocking. As a waiter customer service is the most important thing. We called the dps on shift and argued with us at the table about how we are wrong on the law. As she stated it says about the 21 challenge at the front of there restraunt. Infact it states only the purchase of alcahol to over 18s who does not look 21. Now I am a very big fan of weatherspoons and I will certainly not be returning. The service is appalling. Letters of complaints will be dismissed to the appropriate personnel stating that they either should make it aware they are not following the laws that a minor of 16-17 year old is allowed to consume alcahol with a meal under parental supervision. It wouldn't be a problem if we knew that she could not have! Or stated on the building as in Britain and in most hospitality establishments I have worked we have followed the laws with meal alcahol consumption. I feel like this so called "professional" establishment should be aware or at least make there guests know about there restrictions.

I understand you were disappointed with your visit, but our policies would of been explained to you at the time.

Your mother approached the bar and bought the drinks, they are taken back to the table and this was when your party were questioned about the purchase as she was with minors and alcohol was purchased. Our company policy is to not serve alcohol (not even non-alcoholic drinks which contain less than 0.05% alcohol) to anyone under the age of 18.

As for this visit, I understand the staff did try to recitfy your dissatisfaction and your sister was provided with a soft drink but they were met with much hostility for following our policies, it would of been very difficult to clear up any misunderstanding at the time.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Ate here yesterday with my wife and two year old son. We both had 14oz rump steak which was lovely and cooked perfectly. My son had sausage and chips, which he ate most of, and enjoyed thoroughly. My pint of Shipyard ale was probably the nicest pint I've ever had!!

YrHenDderwen47, Manager at Yr Hen Dderwen Wetherspoons, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you for your kind review! Hope you will be back soon.