“Only eat here if you're not hungry.”

Tafarn Pantydderwen
Ranked #90 of 131 Restaurants in Carmarthen
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
South Wales
“Only eat here if you're not hungry.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Visited today with my husband for Sunday lunch. After a long walk on the beach in the sun, wind and rain, we were ready to fill up. Our lunch was eagerly anticipated, especially as we were also scouting out the restaurant to visit as a larger party for a special occasion. Our disappointment was immediate when the first plate was laid before us. Yes, there was a yorkshire pudding and two medium sized roast potatoes, but I couldn't believe that there was only ONE slice of beef. It wasn't even a large slice to compensate. What I thought were my husband's vegetables, turned out to be for both of us. Cabbage, green beans and only enough peas to pass as a garnish. We were led to believe that we would be served "seasonal" vegetables, though I'm under the impression that peas and green beans are in season during the Summer. What I will add is that the food (what there was of it) was well cooked and delicious. Suffice it to say, we took our dessert business elsewhere. This restaurant is appealing from the outside, but only enter if you're not hungry or on a diet.

• Visited February 2012

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Always lovely here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My mum goes to this restaraunt all the time, I have been here 4-5 times now, each time the lady behind the bar is very friendly, the food is always lovely & not a long wait at all! Good for the price, never too crowded, worth the 10 min drive out of town! great value for money!

• Visited July 2011
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent home cooked food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

This restaurant serves excellent home cooked food at very reasonable prices. The surroundings and staff are friendly and welcoming. Well worth a visit.

• Visited September 2011