Rose and Crown Hotel
US$104
US$87
US$80
  • Breakfast included
Quarry Lodge Camping(Carmarthen)(Great Value!)
US$17
Pitchup.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe publocal beerpay and displaylarge showergenerous portionsan enjoyable staynext morningwelsh breakfastcomfortable bedspublic car parkshower roompleasant stafffamily roomnight's sleepfeel very welcomewarm welcomecentral location
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Room was fine and clean and the bed ok. The staff when I arrived were friendly and welcoming but the next morning was totally different. Ignored, spoken to in a very off hand way whilst around me the staff cleaned the pub. The breakfast experience is enough to ensure that I won't be back.

This is essentially a pub with some rooms attached rather than a hotel and access is through the bar. When I was there is was quiet (a Monday night) but I wouldn't want to be there if it was busy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2013

All in all an OK place to stay and would probably stay here again for the convenience of the location. Cons: The staff were not very welcoming, there was no private car park (although a nearby pay and display), the food was average. Pros: Room was clean and comfy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I found the rooms very comfortable, and the shower room excellent. The rooms were kept immaculately clean every day. Only thing was I would have liked a bigger tv. had to lie on the bed to watch it, but if it is for passing trade it makes sense. I did have a few complaints, I was listened to and it was acted on immediately. the staff were wonderful, kind and attentive. Shame the hotel hasn't got an agreement with the car park, I had to add £3.50 a day to my bill, and this wasn't guaranteeing a space at night. One night I had to sit in the car park till there was a space. I would recommend highly this hotel for a short stay. and thanks again to the staff

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Used for a 3 night business trip and there were pro's and con's.....

Pro's:
Good food
Nice clean and nice room with good shower
Free wifi (although not a good connection)
Location (right in the town)

Cons:
Noisy rooms - Friday night was noisy and Saturday night was extremely noisy until 01:30-02:00 (Stayed Fri - Sun night)
Have to pay for parking in the town
Car wingmirror was kicked off (No fault of the hotel though obviously)
Expensive drinks
Rooms TV was tiny

The biggest con for me though was that when i missed the breakfast due to work on the Saturday morning they wouldnt even make a sandwich in replace of the breakfast that my company paid for. To me this would have just been good customer service, this really annoyed me as food had been paid for but I had to go out and pay for my own when I a bowl of chips or 2 slices of bread and cheese would have been courteious.

Overall because of the many cons I wouldnt recommend this hotel or go back.

Room Tip: As far up and back off the street as possible
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NeilnChar
Reviewed 18 September 2013

First time at this hotel, but much better than place I'd used on previous two trips to Carmarthen (the Ivybush) and better value too. Room was fine - comfy, clean and with modern decor. There was a bit of noise, but it is above a pub and it is on the high street with a bus stop and taxi rank outside so it was never going to be silent. Staff were friendly, local beer was lovely and the breakfast was superb -especially the local sausages. Would definitely use again.

Room Tip: Get one at the back if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business