Rose and Crown Hotel
Boar's Head Hotel(Carmarthen)
US$94
TripAdvisor
Travelodge Llanelli Cross Hands(Llanelli)(Great Value!)
Spilman Hotel(Carmarthen)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe publocal beerlarge showergenerous portionswelsh breakfastan enjoyable staycomfortable bedsnext morningpleasant stafffamily roomnight's sleepfeel very welcomewarm welcomehigh standardtaffynoisemidnight
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Myself and a work colleague were booked into this hotel while in the area for a training conference.
When we tried to check in the manager said the rooms hadn't been paid for even when I showed him my confirmation booking that shows everything is prepaid. Then we went to our rooms after going out for food. Now in my room there are 3 posters reminding me it's a non-smoking room. However as my room and window is directly above the entrance door (the pub below the hotel part), every time someone went out to smoke, the smoke came in my room.
I asked for non-smoking due to not being a smoker and have to have the window open due to allergies.
When I asked to swap rooms I was told the smoke isn't a problem and if it bothers me I can swap rooms with my colleague (also a non-smoker!).
The only saving grace is one young man on the bar staff that stood up for me to the manager and found me an alternative room, even though this was a twin instead of the double requested but the best he could do. I certainly appreciate his help. The managers attitude though was just awful and for his rudeness I will be recommending my company on longer uses his hotel and certainly won't be returning myself.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Lauren C
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Myself and my workmate were booked into this hotel as we were working in the area and we were very impressed with the place.
In regards to a previous review calling the staff unwelcoming, that reviewer must have checked into a different hotel as the staff at this hotel made us very welcome and looked after us very well during our 10 week stay, nothing was too much trouble for them and very polite.
The food is exceptional and well worth the money with plenty on the menu, we tried everything on the menu and were not disappointed once but don't make the mistake of ordering a side portion of onion rings, they are huge and wont be finished off.
The bar is well stocked and serve and caters for all tastes.
The accommodation is brilliant with light airy rooms, on suite, TV, Tea and coffee making facilities.The towels and bed linen are changed daily and rooms cleaned by the housekeeping staff to a high standard.
All in all this hotel can only be highly recommended as we were very reluctant to return home after our stay here as the staff actually made us feel we were already home and they are all outstanding credit to the hotels owner.
WELL DONE and THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Hope to return very soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank chooch736
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Just calling though on was to bluestone
Stumbled across this out when we parked our car (pay and display next door)
All I can say is wow!!!

You pay for what you get... Quality food!!
Wife has scampi
I had steak

Beautifully displayed and amazing taste

A MUST VISIT

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank KarlandCathJohnson
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Was recommended to this hotel by a friend who stayed about a year ago. They must like the Irish here because we had a lovely welcome.My other half says their Guinness was up to scratch and the meals and accommodation were spot on. There is a gd shopping centre here and I shall be coming over for Xmas shopping later this year.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank suzie_shamrock
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, decent food, busy place, all the makings of a great hotel but not the best. Staff a little unwelcoming but it is clean so it's not bad. With a better attitude towards their customers it would be a lovely little place. Still beats a trace lodge I guess

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business