“Scary value for money”

The Creepy Carmarthen Tour
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Carmarthen
More attraction details
Owner description: Carmarthenshire Tourism Association's "Visitor Experience of the Year". Take a magical trip through Carmarthen's creepy past and meet murders and their victims; see where they burned a bishop and locked up villains. Discover the dark secret of the town's greatest hero and find out where the ghosts walk! Visitors get the chance to take part in experiments in magic and mind-reading during the tour. Public tours are now taking place on Wednesday evenings at 7pm until mid-October. Always phone to make sure the trip is going ahead. Private tours are always available for groups and individuals.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“Scary value for money”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A fantastic and informative tour of Creepy Carmathen, with spooky experiments thrown in. Me and my son loved it! Money well spent, my son had more fun on the tour than he did at Oakwood that cost us a fortune!

Visited April 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant ”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Really good tour very enjoyable good for all ages. My friend was nervous when visiting the cells. One of the group was convinced that someone had brushed up against her touching her hair.

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Not spooky”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The guide is very knowledgable of the history of Carmarthen, and gave a well spoken tour, however I wouldn't call the tour creepy or spooky. Therefore I would have to give my honest opinion that I felt that it was falsely advertised.

Visited April 2014
Wizard0fOdd, Owner at The Creepy Carmarthen Tour, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I am so sorry that this visitor didn't feel that the Creepy Carmarthen Tour lived up to her expectations. I always do my very best to make sure that everyone enjoys the experience to the full. Sadly I am not able to conjure up ghosts to order (now THAT would be a trick) but I do endeavour to make the stories as spooky and creepy as I can.
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Night”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

What a wonderful experience with Dr Nicholas Grimoire. As a resident of Carmarthen I was totally unaware just how many stories there are associated with the old town, both of the ghostly and historical kind. I would wholeheartedly recommend this tour to anyone and as there is a minimum of walking it is suitable for everyone. Nic is a wonderful storyteller and performer and his magic tricks are subtle but effective. He involves everyone in his "experiments" (we were only 3 in our party) and the whole tour is interactive and fun. The tour finishes in the old Police cells, watch out for the ghosts of children in cell 2 and the man in black at the end of the corridor (we saw them). I only wish the tour was longer because the two hours just whizzed by. Whether you are a native of Carmarthen or a visitor you should do this tour - you won't be disappointed.

Visited March 2014
Ebbw Vale, United Kingdom
“creepy Carmarthen”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Fantastic tour. I was the only guest last night but the good doctor still did the entire tour just for me, many others would have just gone "its closed!" and gone but not Nick, After telling me about the court room and a great "experiment" we moved in to the older part of the town I wont spoil what happens for others but You will never look at cheeses in the same way again. And then a visit to the castle to hear about the twice hung man then down to the cells creepy and a
Fantastic tour well worth the money and what a performance 10 out of 10 all round for the price and the tour
Thanks Nick