“Good food, good staff, slightly over priced.”
Review of The Braeside

The Braeside
Ranked #22 of 48 Restaurants in Cookstown
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Got the carvery, good food and friendly and helpful staff. Ends up fairly expensive for a full family but would go back again.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Without doubt, the best Sunday carvery in Ireland. Very generous portions, consistently excellent food. Friendly professional service.
Takeaway carvery meal available too!
Don't be put off by the modest exterior - this is an excellent restaurant for a family Sunday lunch.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Staff are attentive, food is overpriced and as well as that our carvery meat wasn't hot. Disappointed!! Charged £8 for 2 small jugs of diluted blackcurrant. Food tasted ok, wouldn't be in a hurry back.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

After attending a 70th Birthday Carvery Meal here with friends back in March, I didn't have to think twice about where to hold my own 60th birthday celebrations. We were a party of some 68 people, with ages varying for 1 year to 83 and each of us was catered for, spectacularly. I chose for our menu "The Carvery", the range of food was exemplary and of an excellent standard, I had many many people commenting to me on how fantastic the food was, especially the Roast Beef, which was out of this world.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, an elderly Aunt apparently didn't realise the range of food available and said she liked Salmon, the staff immediately set about arranging for her to have a perfectly cooked Salmon Steak which was very much appreciated.

Every aspect of the meal was delicious, the starter, the mains, the pudding, followed by plenty of tea, coffee and homemade shortbread hearts and chocolate mints.

Going the extra mile is a trait not always experienced in our restaurants, but I can honestly say the service, food and experience of dining in this Restaurant was second to none. On behalf of my family and friends, Iris, I wish to thank you and your staff from the bottom of my heart for making our day a very memorable experience.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

The service was excellent... Staff were attentive. Food was average, neither exceptional nor poor. Middle of the road. You won't leave hungry.