The Belfast House
Travelocity
Greenvale Hotel(Cookstown)
US$153
US$174
All reviewsthe main streetbar downstairs isstayed herebusy roadb broom was spotlesswould definitely stay here againnorthern irelandone nightnext morningfirst classsallypaddyaccommodationbreakfastfrysaturday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed at The Belfast House B&B the one night I was recently in Cookstown and, while the room was just a bit Spartan, it was quite adequate for the price of only 35 GBP, which also included breakfast the next morning. The room was tastefully decorated, but there was little space for placing luggage and even less for toiletries in the bathroom. The bar was a typically fine Irish pub, but I was disappointed to learn that dinner wasn't available in it, only breakfasts in the mornings I was told. That said, the gentleman behind the bar was kind enough to step outside with me and point out another pub just down the street where I could get a good meal, which I did. All in all, it was a pleasant stay at The Belfast House.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sanquhar04
Reviewed 8 August 2013

When my husband and I travel to the UK, we always try to stay in atypical tavern - lodging above bar or pub.
This place was centrally located (literally on the the main street), has spacious and comfortable rooms, great breakfast included and very friendly staff.
They have wi-fi, which is a big deal for us.
The place sounds pretty dead up until around 10pm - then the bar people start arriving with their typical noise - if you can't sleep with noise, find elsewhere to stay. The advantage is that your bar is just a flight of stairs away. The disadvantage is that theybdomnt serve pub food, son you have to eat your dinner else where.
Parking is on-street, and there is always a chance you won't find it, that can be a little worrisome.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Really a guest house with a bar downstairs. Stayed here for 2 nights in July 2013 whilst attending a wedding in Cookstown. The rooms where clean and spacious, the breakfast which was included in the price was fab and the ladies who cooked the breakfast couldn't have looked after us any better. Only thing might bother some is that it sits on the main street so there is a bit of traffic noise. this didnt bother me at all and was a bonus being smack bang in the middle of the town. By the time we were leaving, our party of 6 adults, where saying their goodbyes to the barman and the local punters of the downstairs bar.
Definitely Northern Ireland Hospitality at its best !!! Would recommend to friends and family, and although before this visit Cookstown would not have been a destination I might think of going to for a break, The Belfast House would most certainly encourage me to go back to the town ;-)

Room Tip: Room number 1 was great ;-)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mmmcb
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed 1 night at the end of June 2013. I was travelling alone however was given a large well equipped room with tea coffee making facilities wide screen tv and a nice bathroom and. The staff were very courteous and friendly. The selction of food at breakfast time was excellent and the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business