“Great Hotel”

Greenvale Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Cookstown
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Fabulous venue for weddings or parties or family gatherings, great food all the time. Small hotel with a real homely feel, tastefully decorated with warm and elegant surroundings. Would recommend this hotel for weddings.

Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Adam D
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Firstly can I say thankyou for taking the time out to review our hotel and for your kind words. Michael the owner does invest alot of time and money keeping the hotel decor up-to-date, giving the hotel the warm and homely enviroment you have mentioned.

Once again thankyou for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I checked in to this hotel for a business meeting i had nearby the following morning and I was greeted by a very bubbly and friendly receptionist who was so very accommodating. Check in was quick and her banter was very friendly and encouraging, she walked me to my room and helped me with my hand-fulls of luggage to my room which I have to say was botique-ly decorated and the smell was as if it were brand new. I've rated my sleep quality as poor but this was no reflection on the comfort of the bed or the room in any way shape or form it was more a fact of the noise from the adjoining bedroom and my early morning visitor, that's right some guy somehow gained access to my room turned on my light whilst I was asleep and as I'm a light sleeper at the best of times I was awoken instantly, he apologised profusely but I still do not know how he was able to get in to my room with his key card, the only thing I can think is that he worked for the hotel and assumed that my room was empty. I didn't bring this up in the morning as I was running late and didn't want to cause a fuss, equally the lady next door was up at about 4am which also woke me up. So again this was no way anything to do with the bedroom it's self the bed in actual fact was huge and very comfy. Later that night I went for a drive and decided to take a "scenic route" namely east sperrins, anyone in this areas needs to do this route it was absolutely breath taking, I felt great and completely rejuvenated after it and I guess it has that kind of effect on you. I then arrived back at the hotel and went in the restaurant which again was nicely decorated but I guess that would compensate for the food, it really wasn't what I was expecting given that everything else so far in the hotel was great but I have to say the food was a real let down. I had the chicken cheddar, which was deep fried and to me I would say this was overdone, I took the scorched breadcrumbs off the chicken and the rest was actually ok, the veg however has a lot to be desired it was just like a grey mush. I had to leave it and when I was asked if everything was alright I advised that the veg was not very nice. But no apology. Just removed my plate. But that aside thank god the hotel it's self was so nice as this redeemed this debacle. I went to the bar for another drink and then retired to my room. I listened to some music then fell asleep. Until I woke up in the morning for a shower and then went for breakfast. All in all apart from the food everything was fine.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. We would appreciate if you would contact us on greenvalecookstown@aol.com, as we are very concerned re someone entering your room. Our rooms are fitted with a privacy button on all room doors, once selected no one can enter the room not even staff. I would appreciate if you could let us know if you choose to select the privacy button.

Our food standards are normally of the highest, so we were dissapointed to hear you did not enjoy your meal, please be assured that this is not a normal occurance. When you have a moment as mentioned above contact us as to help us resolve some of the issues you had while staying in the hotel. We value all custom an always aim to ensure our guests enjoy their stay.

Thankyou for your kind words re the decor and staff. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Magherafelt, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Brilliant Hotel, well run, great food, pleasant staff. Location is good, rooms are great. Function room is well decorated, surroundings are pleasant. Highly recommended for a meal, a stay or a family function.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Eamonn M
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time out to review the hotel. Thank you soo much for your kind review. We try and ensure all areas of the hotel are of excellent standards, so it is lovely when our customers give us such a nice review.

Once again thank you very much.

Greenvale Hotel.
Pomeroy, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Had my wedding here on 1 March and as with all weddings I have been to in the Greenvale, the owner and staff were excellent in ensuring that our day was completely stress free. The food was excellent and overall atmosphere was amazing. The honeymoon suite is amazing also. Couldn't fault anything about our wedding at the Greenvale. Only wish we could do it all over again :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Annette R
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
We would firstly like to thank you for talking the time out to review the hotel. We are delighted that you were happy with your wedding day, the owner/manager really does put his heart and sole into the weddings at the hotel. Thank you for your glowing review of the hotel, we look forward to seeing you next year for your anniversary meal.

Delighted your day went soo well.

Greenvale Hotel
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013

The greenvale by far is the best hotel for great service and food... when booking my wedding venue i didnt even look anywhere else as i know everything will be perfect on the day... i have had loads of different experiences at the greenvale and never had a bad one...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your special day, thank you soo much for your wonderful review, while we welcome all feedback, it is lovely when someone has a great time at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back next year for your anniversary meal.

Once again.

Derry
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My friend and I dined here on 18th March. We were given the option to eat upstairs or in the restaurant. We opted for upstairs. We were there at 1pm, looking for a tasty lunch.
We were very happy with the food we received and the service was excellent as usual.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. While we welcome all feeback, it is lovely to hear you enjoyed your meal and the service we provide. We endeavour to offer a warm welcome to all our customers.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Tyrone
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Spent one night in greenvale for family wedding. Excellent meal, stayed in rooms just of function room. Rooms were nicely finished if a little on the small side. Hotel is a good walk out of cookstown town centre

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for your kind review, we welcome all feedback received. We are glad you enjoyed your meal at the wedding as we pride ourselves in making sure the food served at all our weddings is of excellent quality. We hope to see you again sometime in the near future. Once again we appreciate you taking time out to review our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cookstown
Glenavon House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Clogher
Charlemont House
Charlemont House
#2 of 6 in Dungannon

Been to Greenvale Hotel? Share your experiences!