Royal Hotel(Cookstown)
US$146
US$106
US$166
TripAdvisor
All reviewswedding receptionthe owner managerfirst classfree car parkingstaff are outstandingtrue gentlemanthe portion sizefunction roomcousin's weddingplenty of hot waterfood on offergood nights sleepvery generous portionsbar foodwould highly recommend this hotelwonderful hospitalitywent the extra mile
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My family stayed at the Greenvale hotel earlier in the year due to the bereavement of my mother in law. The staff team and management could not have been more helpful or kind at this sad time. Our children as well as ourselves were catered for by professional and competent staff and I cannot recommend this team highly enough. We also had the pleasure of returning for a Sunday carvery the following month and again the food and service was excellent . If you are visiting the Mid Ulster area , there is no need to search for anywhere else to stay - the Greenvale has it all !!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank elmdonlodge
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear Guest,

We always thank our guests for any feedback received, but would like to take time out to say how nice it is of you to review our hotel as your visit was for the sad passing of your mother-in -law. We are delighted you felt at home and well treated by our staff. The owner does ensure that all of the hotel is kept up to excellent standards so thanks for noting how clean the hotel was.

Once again thanks for your review. Please pass on our condolences to the family, we hope to see you again in happier times.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The Greenvale hotel hosted a surprise birthday party for my mum at the end of April this year & the service, ambience & general hospitality was flawless from start to finish. There was around 65 family members attending the party & we had a hot fork buffet which was superb - excellent variety, plentiful & beautifully cooked. I did not stay in the hotel as I stayed with relatives nearby but my parents, brother & parent's friends all stayed in the hotel.
On the day of the party which was a Saturday, there were a couple of wedding receptions being held so the hotel was extremely busy, however you would never have known that the staff were working flat out as they remained friendly, unflappable & professional throughout. The manager in particular, Michael was as welcoming and accommodating as could be, despite having worked an extremely long & busy shift & the ladies on reception were very helpful & friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel itself is a delight; the rooms are stylish, clean & comfortable & mum informs me that they serve a top notch breakfast. My parents have stayed here in the past & will no doubt be staying again in the future. I cannot recommend the Greenvale highly enough. Thank you so much for your excellent handling & hosting of a very memorable surprise birthday party for my mum.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Yvonne S
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Yvonne,

Firstly thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. Can we just say it was a pleaure to host your function. We enjoyed meeting your family and are delighted you all enjoyed it. We were indeed very busy but we always strive to give the best food and service to all our guests no matter how busy we are.

Please pass on a big hello to the family from all of us and tell them we hope to see them back soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Our daughter had her wedding reception in the Greenvale in march 2013. It was first class from start to finish. i would like to thank Michael and his staff for a super job, the meal, the service ,the rooms all top dollar.our guests were very impressed with this hotel and the attention to detail the owner Michael Mcelhatton puts in to events at his hotel..
the rooms were so modern and up to date,spotless and refreshing.
the breakfast the next morning was excellent..
all said our daughter and her husband were treated like royalty and i thank the Greenvale Hotel for all the done for us.

well recommended..first class hotel...

Room Tip: The rooms are excellent as is the entire hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Brendan M
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Brendan thank you very much for your kind review, its great to hear you all had a good day. We love our weddings and as you say the Manager puts allot of time and effort into every detail of the day.

We hope to see you back in the hotel soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

I started staying in this hotel last June when working in Ireland. I stay here regularly and whenever colleagues visit they too now stay here.
From day one the staff made me feel welcome and are always helpful. The rooms are lovely and always exceptionally clean.
The food is very very good and an extensive menu means always plenty of choice. Whenever I visit they make me fell very welcome and I would highly recommend. I wish I could find somewhere like it in southern Ireland!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank VictoriaG973
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Dear Victoria,

Thanks soo much for your review on the hotel, we understand that our business guests can often be away from home quite alot, we therefore strive to make sure they feel the hotel is a home away from home. Our moto is arrive as a guest leave as a friend.

Once again thank you for your review and for recommending us to your colleagues.

Kate

Reviewed 10 April 2013

My husband and I stayed over, having attended an evening supper at a friend's wedding. The food was very good, as was lunch, which we had in the bar. Our cooked breakfast was very good, especially the grilled bacon (no greasy fry-up here !). The room was very tastefully decorated and well insulated from the party music down below. The staff were most attentive and when we are next in Cookstown for an overnight stay we will definitely stay at the Greenvale.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lyttlemo2012
Greenvale57, Staff at Greenvale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

What a delighful read, thank you for your review of the hotel. Everything you mentioned re the hotel is wonderful to hear, especialy your views of how good the food was.

We would like to thankyou for taking the time out to review the hotel and look forward to seeing you again when you are in Cookstown.