“Best Sunday Carvery in Mid-Ulster” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Hotel

Royal Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cookstown
Cookstown, United Kingdom
“Best Sunday Carvery in Mid-Ulster”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

My family absolutely love The Royal Hotel for a Sunday carvery.It definately is the best around by miles..The variety you can eat is unbelievable..The food always tastes so yummy to...The staff are very nice,helpful+friendly! I would recommend the Royal for eating out to everyone,you certainly wont go away hungry or disappointed :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Standard of room was very poor for £80 paid! Very dated and not very comfortable. Ensuite was tiny! Sink was cracked. Room smelt very musty. Mattress very soft and uncomfortable. Several bulbs missing. Food was delicious though.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Shell1218
Cookstown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My family regularly eat in the Royal Hotel and the service we receive is top class. Excellent food and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Great offers available for senior citizens and very much recommend the Royal Hotel for meals or private functions.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Ballymena, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We live n Ballymena and drive to the Royal regurally as we love it so much .There are 2 hotels n Ballymena and we wouldn't compare them to the Royal where food is concerned.The Sunday carvery is outstanding,the variety of food amazing and the staff excellant .I would recommend the Royal to everyone .If or n the area it is well worth a visit.I can't wait for my next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Eat very regularly in the hotel restaurant with wife and family and the meals are always very good with excellent service and a smile. All meals are very competitively priced with my personal favourites the 16oz Royal beefeater steak ( on sizzling hot plate ) and the mixed grill. At the other end of the menu ( if you can't handle those options ) paninis , lasagne and the stir fry always go down very well with my wife and daughter.
Call in for a meal sometime , you won't be disappointed !!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I booked a private room in the Royal Hotel for a girls party / hen and I do not have a bad word to say, in fact, working in the hotel industry myself, (4&5*) The Royal exceeded all my expectations and if I had the choice to book a 5* ...I'd still choose the Royal.

I booked the private room and a buffet with cocktails on arrival and cupcakes as dessert for only £7 per person. I had free set up time during the day and the hotel even provided decorations for the party too along with a few party games.

I am disappointed I don't have any photos to share. The cocktails on arrival were amazing....each glass had coloured sugar round the rim with fresh fruit on the side. This looked amazing and I certainty didn't expect so much attention to detail. They even provided 2 jugs of non alcoholic alternative even though I hadn't asked for this.

The buffet was great...and more then enough for everyone.
They had even cordoned off an area in the bar/lounge for our party for later in the evening.

As a family run hotel...they all got involved in the night. Staff all knew me by name and were always checking to make sure we had everything we needed.

I organised the party on behalf of someone else and to be honest, it's not a place I would have chosen for my own party....BUT...the value for money and the outstanding service we received has changed my opinion.

I can not recommend The Royal Hotel enough and would book it again in a flash!

It goes to show that often the best things are right under your nose!!

A big thank you to all the staff on the night and especially to Tanya who made the whole booking experience so straight forward and delivered more than promised!!

• Stayed January 2014
Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Regularly stay here , staff are friendly and helpful, food is good and plentiful , nice family run hotel in a central location handy for shopping or as a bace for travelling to the lovely countryside nearby

Room Tip: For a bit of luxury ask for room 6 ,