“Friday Night Dinner”
Review of The Cellar bar

The Cellar bar
Ranked #14 of 48 Restaurants in Cookstown
Cuisines: Irish
Description: Good Food & Fine Wines. At the Glenavon House Hotel, Cookstown great importance is placed on providing good food, fine wines, and efficient, prompt service, all the while endeavoring to use the very best of local seasonal produce. The superb cuisine, service and hospitality in our restaurants ensure their continued popularity. The many guests who return again and again bears testimony to the efforts of our chefs and the attentiveness of our staff. Families can rest assured that their children’s requirements are satisfied, with special menus available for all ages and tastes.
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Called in last Friday for dinner with my girlfriend. I had the fillet steak, cooked medium rare. The steak was cooked to perfection.
We where served by Sateer(?) and he was very welcoming and friendly.
A hidden gem in Cookstown

Paulafrawilson, Manager at The Cellar bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear a_reviwer_09,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your Friday night dinner - I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal and service and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to Sater.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Visited here for an aunts birthday and to be honest I wasn't looking forward to it following a recent visit as a wedding guest. However ill be the first to admit the food was genuinely beautiful and the staff were lovely makes me think maybe I was just dealing with a bad agency staff member before. Anyway would totally recommend coming here for a meal I will certainly return

Paulafrawilson, Manager at The Cellar bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Eamonn33

We were delighted to hear that your return visit to the hotel was a success.

I appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel and your acknowledgment therein. We look forward to welcoming you back on many occasions in the future when I trust the above experience will be the norm :)

Reviewed 16 February 2017

we had really god food every time we stay, breakfast has a good range to chose from. lunch is really good . we had dinner in the evenings best food around

Dear Jacqueline g

Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant following your most recent visit - it is always our pleasure.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I regularly frequent the Cellar Bar for Sunday lunch when I am in the Cookstown area. Having travelled extensively I can categorically state that this is by far the best Sunday lunch I have ever tasted; A carvery service, the portions are incredible, the staff are excellent and prices are reasonable. Top tip- Book early as this restaurant is extremely popular.

Paulafrawilson, Manager at The Cellar bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Dear philip222morris

Thank you for your very kind comments of the restaurant food and service following your most recent visit - your very kind and positive endorsement is very much appreciated especially given that you travel so extensively.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

Me and my wife went to your hotel for our wedding anniversary was very disappointing with the food. My wife went for spring rolls as a starter out came one spring roll for £6.95 I went for eel and all it came with was a piece of wheaten bread lettuce and two pieces of eel. We then got our main course well we're do you want me to start surf and turf is meant to be steak and fish no fish at all the steak was over cooked salmon was very dry and for the potatoes you couldn't eat them as they weren't cooked. I have rang the hotel a few times to try and speak to someone put can't seem to get them as they as always at a meeting lol. I would like someone to get back to me as soon as they can thanks

Paulafrawilson, Manager at The Cellar bar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear stephenmulholland75

On the 2 separate occasions within an 8 day period recently that we had the misfortune of you visiting the premises, you were drunk and abusive to the managers and staff on duty who were trying to deal with what could only be described as scurrilous complaints in the first instance.

We have a zero tolerance of physical / verbal abuse directed at our staff.

We sincerely hope that going forward your shouted advice that "we'll never be ******* back" ( ***** being the accompanying expletives / foul language ) is one you intend to keep as you are absolutely not welcome.

Yours faithfully