“Lovely experience!”

Oaklands Lodge BandB
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cookstown
Oaklands Lodge BandB
Ranked #1 of 5 Cookstown B&B and Inns
Naas, Ireland
“Lovely experience!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just spent a lovely night in Oaklands lodge. We stayed in the apartment behind the main house as we had 2 adults and 2 kids and it was perfect, well kitted out, spacious and spotless! John and Caroline were lovely and excellent hosts, they cooked us a very tasty fry up in the morning with Johns homemade jam and breads! Altogether it was a very enjoyable break in a beautiful peaceful setting. Will definitely stay there again when we are in that part of the country.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicola F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed in oaklands lodge for one night, I needed somewhere close to Loughry college. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The owners were very friendly and helpful. The room was tastefully decorated and immaculate, just like the rest of the house. I had a lovely fry in the morning, which was delicious and served with homemade potato bread and brown bread. They informed me that they have started up evening meals now, I would consider this a great competitive advantage, John and Caroline are both great cooks and I know that the next time I stay I will avail of this service. I cannot recommend this B&B enough and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Annette F
Callander, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at Oaklands lodge for one night at the weekend and I have to say it is the nicest Bed and Breakfast I've stayed in. The rooms were lovely, setting quiet and peaceful and you couldn't have asked for nicer hosts. We were made very welcome and very much at home. Breakfast was lovely. Very good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Sharnie17
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Warm welcoming host,excellent breakfast and good accommodation ,what more could you want!We were close to Cookstown ,but had the advantage of a peaceful setting beside Drumanor Forest Park.We would highly recommend Oaklands Lodge.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pamela F
new york
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I had a wedding to attend in Cookstown, and on short notice I made an online reservation with the Oakland Lodge, based on a few photos and a hunch. I was happy to know my gut was right! Caroline and John were both relaxed and happy to have a visitor form New York. The room they had for me had everything I needed, clean, cozy and my own bathroom. The breakfast was great - they even introduced me to the chicken that laid the eggs for breakfast! The Lodge is located 5 minutes from town, and they were very helpful with all directions and anything I needed. I felt like I was inducted to the family and would gladly recommend it to anyone - and if you know us New Yorkers, we complain about everything!

Room Tip: There was no pool or fitness center - but Im sure they can direct you to one!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank anthony k
Bangor Co Down
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed one night here as we were in the area to survey Bats at Lissan House. The room was near the front door of the house which meant we did not feel we were disturbing anyone when we returned late at night. The room was spotless and had lots of little additions that gave it a homely feel. The owners John and Caroline made us feel very welcome offering us tea when we arrived and offered us use of the sitting room across the hall from our room should we wish to use it. John even took time to tell us about some of the local restaurants so that we could decide where to go for our tea.
The breakfast was delicious, with home baked bread, (I can personally recommend the freshly made pancakes).
We would have no hesitation in staying here again should we be in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Openboater
Comber, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We booked a weekend at the Oaklands Lodge so as to be near to Drum Manor Forest Park as our young son was camping there. John and Caroline both met us on arrival and showed us to the studio apartment. First impressions were excellent, very spacious clean and with a very cozy atmosphere. We opted for the breakfast which was served piping hot in the family kitchen of the Brown's family home. Food was excellent and John even let us try a pudding he was making. It was a very friendly relaxing stay and we felt that we had known John and Caroline for years. We would recommend this accommodation to anyone, you will not be disappointed. We will definitely stay there again, and hopefully soon. Many Thanks John and Caroline.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple