“exceptional evening meal”

Armagh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“exceptional evening meal”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have had lunch at deli on the green on a few occasions but was never aware they served dinner in the evenings. We always thought the lunchtime food was very good. We booked a table last Friday and the meal was just EXCEPTIONAL. The stand out dishes for me were the pigeon with different nuts, seeds and berries and the trio of beef. The service was very average I must say, the (3) waitresses who served us lacked the knowledge, flair and finesse of the likes of the brewers house.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank barry w

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I recently stopped off at this cafe for coffee and cake. I had been looking forward to it all day as I had enjoyed excellent food there on my previous visits. It was not to be. The carrot cake was ice cold to the point that I couldn't eat it. I asked if I could have it boxed up and took it home by which time it had come to room temperature. Another disappointment followed when I tasted is again. It was heavy and not in the least cake like. Shame as it was pricey.

• Visited October 2013
Northern Ireland
“Very good”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely place for lunch or dinner. It's in a very attractive high end out door shopping complex and has great parking. Better to book for dinner and there is a lovely early bird menu worth going for and good value. The food is really good, portions edge on being a little small, but the flavours and care to the presentation is lovely. There is a deli also and has beautiful products to buy.

Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Good food worth the visit”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Situated at entrance to Linen Green outlt/shopping complex, just off the M1....friendly staff.....good morning coffees and lunch menu......a little pricey, but good quality cuisine...also evening meals......comfortable seating.....a spot to spoil yourself.

Visited October 2013
Dungannon, United Kingdom
“Surprising Weekend Treat”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Living locally and to start the weekend off nicely we tried to book another local restaurant but it was fully booked for our time slot and they didn't try to accommodate which really grinds so we said let's try somewhere different & what a slice of luck. The Deli was available and although i had been there for lunch before i had never tried the evening fare. The restaurant was not very busy and we got to our table quickly menus were quick on hand but drinks order was maybe 10 minutes. The menu choice should cover most tastes with fish ,chicken , meat & vegetarian but there are only a few options. The price was amazing 1 course £9 two courses £12 and three courses £15 or somewhere around that. We opted for two courses starter & main & the portions and quality were excellent and a real treat for kids also. Service was very pleasant and to me courses had the correct gap. Overall this is a well worth trip and at the moment we have made this our restaurant of choice to which we compare all the others ... Its not as good as the .... Service was good and very pleasant staff but had the service been slicker on entry (ie offer menu and then would you like a drink ?) the overall it would have scored an excellent.

• Visited September 2013