“Good but improvements needed”

The Loft Coffee Bar & Restauant
Ranked #5 of 45 Restaurants in Dungannon
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Myself and 2 others visited this eatery on 4 August 2012.on arrival as per the other reviews the queue was long. While we waited we were able to observe the inadequate food hygiene standards. No gloves worn by any member of staff. No hairnets worn an essential requirement by all staff. One staff member opened a chiller where cakes were stored -as she had no cutting knife she made her way presumabely to the kitchen for a cake slice knife - leaving the chiller drawer open while she was away. As she returned to the front countershe slapped another member of staff on the behind with the cake slicer!!! And then proceeded to take a piece of cake,placed it in a carry out box!!!!!! For the customer extremely poor hygiene practices. I also
feel it is over priced £30 quiches pasta bake salads tea coffee and a bottle of water. Would call again but if I have the opportunity to observe the same standards I will not stay

Reviewed 29 July 2012

The loft is always busy and serves the most beautiful food and traybakes at reasonable prices. Definitely get what you pay for! Nice, friendly and pleasant staff and comfy seating. Lots of great facilities beside the loft and perfect for lunchtime by yourself or with a friend!

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I went to this restaurant today at lunch time for a staff do. The staff weren't that friendly and very disorganised as there was a long wait to pay at their one and only till.

The food was ok but I wasn't expecting much from a cavery. However, I was a little surprised at £10.00 it cost for my simple meal and one drink.

I wouldn't go out of my way to return.

1  Thank Dinky_1984
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Called in for lunch with my wife and daughter on way through Dungannon for quick lunch. Couldn't believe how busy it was even during the week but still was able to get seated once we got our food.
Range of food was excellent - my daughter (7) and I both had sweet & sour chicken with rice & wedges and my wife had one of the three soups on offer.
The girls who served the food were polite and friendly and even told us they would bring our food down as they were waiting on more fresh wedges. Many other establishments would just have given us what was left....The food was excellent. The place had a real "buzz" about it.
Well worth a visit if you are in Dungannon or even just passing by.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

called with mum very busy,managed to get seat close to ice cream which enticed us to try it was yummy.