Cano's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria
Price range: US$10 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Freshly made pizza/pasta with delicious sides, fabulous sines ,local craft berrs peroni on tap,delicious home made desserts . Take away service also available . Reservations desirable , family friendly(reserve your child seats) NEW COCKTAIL bar just opened serving fresh exciting drinks in a trendy luxurious environment! THEE place for excellent food and drink in Dungannon. Established member of The Tyrone Good Food Circle (local produce ,local suppliers, fresh ingredients.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

So having a lovely evening until firstly told toilets isnt working.. fair enough not their fault.
Me: any chance of water for the kids as too late for juice.
Manager: it will b bottled water then and u will have to pay.
Me: well its not my fault the water isnt working.. was only looking diluted juice for the kids...
Manager: we dont give out diluted juice.. its only for staff !!!!!! And we cannot afford to give u free bottle of water..
Wud always b in here and iv never been so angry at the ignorance. No need..where is the customer satisfaction.

6  Thank lawl08
arranmore, Owner at Cano's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

I am so sorry you had a less than satisfactory evening in CANOS, we pride ourselves on our family friendliness ,which sadly was severely lacking on this occasion, we DO offer children a choice of milk, water, cartons of juice . I can only say we will ensure this type of incident Never happens again. Cathal

There are newer reviews for Cano's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, highly recommended!! A few of my friends had been in February and were not impressed, but I decided to try it out as I love Italian food!! I definitely was not disappointed. Garlic bread was excellent and the pasta was perfect! Can't wait to return, really want to try out the pizza. Also, staff are really friendly and helpful, however, coming to the table 2-3 times per course can get slightly annoying. But overall a very enjoyable experience. Will be back very soon! Take-away service available also which I will be taking full advantage of!!

2  Thank ourblade91
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Myself and two friends had a sumptuous meal in Cano's, we all had different variations of pizzas, and all were in agreement that they were the best pizza's we have tasted since our last visit to Cano's restaurant. They were extremely busy when we arrived so I was delighted we had reserved our table. The service was excellent, the staff were very courteous and attentive, our food arrived in an acceptable time, and my friends and I were unanimous that these pizza's were as good if not better than one's we have experienced in Italy and America, (the would be home's of the pizza) I look forward to visiting again, a truly delightful experience.

1  Thank EileenIrelandomagh
arranmore, Owner at Cano's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you so much, we are delighted you took the time to comment on your overall experience at CANOS , so glad all aspects of your visit were extremely positive as they should be. . We look forward to providing excellence to you again! Cathal

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Food is lovely but just a wee bit to small inside for my liking but then again that's to everyone's own personal choice. Staff are Delightfull

Thank you for sharing your exoerience, we seat approximately ninety customers over two levels . We appreciate your views and are certainly looking at all options to enhance your experience, Cathal

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have been to Canoes a few times and I find that the same faults keep creeping up. The tables for two are ridiculously small, me and my guest where told we could sit anywhere upstairs and we choose a four person table for some room( there was no one else seated in this area, so we were not taking up the table from other customers) yet as soon as we did a staff member pulled away part of the table so that we once again we had barely room for the plates and glasses.My guest ordered a chicken salad and the chicken was off a poor quality, definitely not fresh chicken, but rather thin, processed chicken- and I would bet not free range. My Margaretta pizza was nice but i also ordered garlic fries which came with a spoonful of garlic butter heaped on the top which by half way down the bowl had melted and the friends became like a sloppy garlic soup. We were never asked did we want a top up of our drinks, we had to look for the staff rather than them coming to us. This i believe is because all other guests were seated downstairs and we seemed to be forgot about- I had to ask for the bill twice before being told i had to walk downstairs to get it- never have i been in a resistant that when you ask for a bill they cannot just bring it to the table! I also had half my pizza ate by the time my fries arrived at the table. I also ordered and was charged for a medium pizza to take away but when I opened the box at home it was a small-very poor service. However, I would return back to this restaurant as the food is cheap but the price you pay for cheap food is to expect a lack of good customer service.

1  Thank maryscooter
arranmore, Owner at Cano's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your comments on your visit. You make a number of points which reflect your experience, however we try to ensure all of our customers have a very positive experience and in your case this was sadly not the case. We try to manage our table bookings in the most effective way to ensure we can accomodate all those who have pre-booked tables and this is certainly very difficult , as we are extremely buzy on most evenings and we do try to ensure our tables are used most effectively . With regard to the standard of your food, we only use fresh breast of chicken ,sourced locally (as are all our meats and vegetables where possible). I can only appologise for our staff not attending to you as we recommend that all customers are invited to enjoy their food and offered extra options as appropriate. We would also recommend that customers who are not happy with any aspect of our service, are invited to share their views with a senoir member of staff /owner who are always available . I am glad you are happy to return and i hope that future experiences are much more positive for you and your guest, and please let us know in person if any aspects of your experience are not up to expected standard.