“4 Star Service without the cost”
Review of The Fir Trees

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Strabane
The Fir Trees
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Strabane
Jennifer Donaldson
“4 Star Service without the cost”
Reviewed 14 October 2009

I was in Strabane to do some shopping for the weekend and visit some friends who lived locally. I decided to write this after having stayed at a 4 star this past weekend in Galway! I have to say that the overall experience didn't hold a candle to my previous weekend at the Fir Trees. In both instances I required a hair dryer the difference was in the Fir Trees it was with me in 30 seconds in the 4 star my hair was almost dry. Steak dinner at 4 star had me wishing I had gone back to Strabane instead as it didn't hold a candle to the Fir Trees steak. I also have to say that at breakfast I had the best poached eggs I've had in as long as I can remember. The rooms were clean and the bed was extremely comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Hotelhoper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
Belfast Co. Antrim
Reviewed 21 September 2009

I recently visited the Strabane area on business and stayed for a number of nights at the Fir Trees Hotel. The corporate rate is extremely good value, food was superb, staff were friendly and the rooms were very tastefully decorated.

The hotel is ideally located beside the A5 and there is ample parking space to the front and rear. I will definitely use the Fir Trees on future visits and I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to business travellers.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
strabane
Reviewed 3 August 2009

my family who came over to strabane for my daughters wedding in june 2009,were v.happy to stay at the fir trees,my daughters wedding was also at the fir trees,i will say that staff will do any thing within their power to make your stay as pleasent as possible,indeed my family were so happy with their stay that they are coming to stay again for my other daughters wedding on the 21st august.the hotel is central to alot off amenities for holiday makers,some of my family were here for their 1st visit to n.ireland and are planning to come back for more craic,the food at the hotel is v.good,i was there for a party just last week,and i also go to the fir trees for their carvery on sundays(which i really like) yours happy customer janet mccay (local)

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
co.meath
Reviewed 28 July 2009

staff very friendly and helpfull, as i only booked at the last minute, hotel very clean, dinner was great..not to happy with the breakfast as it finishes as 10.30 we where down for 10.00 was not much left and was cold..!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
mosscheeper, manager at The Fir Trees, responded to this review, 29 July 2009
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and like many other reviewers were particularly impressed by the warm and friendly staff. We do make a conscious and sustained effort to make the Fir Trees Hotel a ''home from home''. We regret the incident with the breakfast, and would encourage our guests to bring such issues to the immediate attention of a staff member so that they can be rectified. We very much appreciate feedback from our patrons and we take all complaints very seriously.
north antrim
Reviewed 27 July 2009

We recently stayed at the Fir Trees on a Hen night. The hotel was great, the rooms were very well presented and lovely and clean. The staff were very accomodating and service was excellent, the food delicious!Its just a short drive to Co Donegal so ideal. I would definately go back and would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
belfast
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Stayed here for one night. The hotel has been well refurbished but in the first room we were given the toilet had not been cleaned and had obviously been recently used!!!! We were given another room immediately but were kept awake most of the night as we could hear the people in the next room talking, a baby crying, car doors closing etc. Walls are far too thin. Because of the lighting in the room and bathroom I found it impossible to apply make-up and when we came out of the room it was like coming from the dark into the light!!!! The staff were very pleasant but I don't know if I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
mosscheeper, Manager at The Fir Trees, responded to this review, 28 July 2009
We are very disappointed to hear that you had a less than satisfying experience during your stay at the Fir Trees Hotel.

On investigating the bathroom issue we ascertained that the room had been serviced, but there was a plumbing issue which has now been rectified.

The lighting in the rooms is designed to create a soothing and relaxed ambience, and we have not previously had any complaints about this aspect of the hotel. However we will discuss this with our patrons and take a balanced view as to any possible changes.

The hotel is a very popular social gathering point, particularly at weekends, and the rooms facing the car park can pick up an element of traffic noise. We do our utmost to accomodate older patrons and younger families towards the back of the hotel.

As a goodwill gesture we would be happy to offer this reviewer a complimentary stay at their convenience.
republic of ireland
Reviewed 26 July 2009

we went to the fir trees for a hen nite in june wile we could have stayed local in donegal we wanted somewhere more personal. we definatley got that here from the moment we arrived until the minute we left. the service was excellant yes its small with havin i think 24-28 bedrooms but the staff are all one big family and go out of their way to accomodate you. the food, service, bedrooms were up to high standards and we even met the owner now come on people how many hotels have you stayed in were the owner is there and mucks in with the staff most hotels i have stayed in dont even know who the owner is. the words that come to mind when im asked about the hotel are lovely hotel just on the outskirts of strabane with traditional family values and great accomodation and service 100% guaranteed

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strabane
The Belfray Country Inn
#1 of 3 in Omagh
City Hotel
City Hotel
#7 of 13 in Derry

Been to The Fir Trees? Share your experiences!