“Great Food, Great Service”
Review of Papa Browns Grill

Papa Browns Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Papa Browns Grill; A recipe for success. Papa Browns Grill is a unique, purpose built, family restaurant in a superb location. It is ideally situated beside the beautiful and historical Carrickfergus Castle and famous Marina. We have the simple belief that good food, well delivered in a stylish environment is a ‘recipe for success'. The diverse range of customers who dine in Papa Browns will notice the relaxed, friendly and fun atmosphere, which is created by our superb décor, dimmed lighting, modern music and our visual large screen playing music videos. It is the perfect spot for any social gathering, from family celebrations to a romantic meal for two or even just a coffee with friends. We are open 7 days a week from 9am until late, providing an extensive menu of delicious food for breakfast, lunch and dinner including a children’s section. We have recognised that there are a large number of people with specific dietary requirements and provide easy access to vegetarian and celiac menus. Gift vouchers are able to be purchased and a takeaway service is also available. We also have our own private off road parking which is a desirable feature. To make a reservation or enquiry please telephone the restaurant, email or call in. Papa Browns is the perfect location for any event whether business, pleasure or celebration.
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Have been here twice in the last few days after trying to find a decent lunch spot in Carrickfergus. Both times I had the large fry, when I like something I tend to stick to it. Had a sneaky look at the food on some other tables though and it looked superb. The fry wasn't greasy at all, the potato bread and soda were excellent, definitely good quality, I'd assume from a local bakery perhaps. The service was fast and friendly and they were more than happy to swap out the mushroom and tomatoes for an extra egg on both occasions. As it was two different waitresses I have to assume it's standard policy here to make sure the customer is number one. Prices are reasonable and there's a nice atmosphere with the booth style seating giving that bit of privacy that so many other places lack.

2  Thank Blair1Down

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Past Papa's several times when passing through Carrickfergus in recent months. On this occasion I stopped to sample the fare. Good basic menu accompanied with efficiency and tasty food. Go hungry as you will leave quite satisfied.

1  Thank Gareth O
Reviewed 26 September 2018

good customer service but the food too expensive and the chicken was very dry was a shame for the price but apart of that everything else went good

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

I am having difficulty reviewing this restaurant because of my mixed perceptions. On arrival, because of appearance, atmosphere & menu style we thought it was a franchise style restaurant - according to staff it is not. We were tempted to walk out but stayed as the restaurant was recommended by our accommodation host.

Service was patchy, on arrival we were given menus & told to sit where we wanted rather than being shown to a table. Similarly, we had to walk back to the bar to get a wine/drinks list. Having said this the service through ordering & delivery of plates was good & friendly.

The menu appears to be US themed but the range of dishes is reasonable. The presentation of the plates again varied considerably from agreeable to unappealing. The flavours/quality was good to very good. My wife's vege burger looked OK & she thought it one of the best she has had. My plate chicken, bacon & cheese was quite unsightly but again the flavours were appetising. The real surprise was the salads. We had different salad with starters & main course - they were very well presented, had many more ingredients than we expected & were fresh & delicious.

The positives & negatives are quite extreme & overall if you overlook presentation aspects the food was enjoyable.

Would I recommend this restaurant - I still don't know. Suffice to say there is another restaurant in Carrickfergus that we did return to a second time during a four night stay.

1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Would always stop here for a spot of breakfast if I’m around the area, sometimes even go out of my way to go for a nice pancake stack with bacon & maple syrup or even the standard full Ulster fry! Great venue and even better food! Staff are friendly and always leave satisfied. Good value for money!