“Stay away, so disappointing!!”
Review of Zuzu

Zuzu
Ranked #28 of 77 Restaurants in Carrickfergus
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Seen this restaurant done nasi goreng dish and I was so excited as I loved it when I visited Bali. The menu described the dish exactly as it is in Indonesia (FRIED EGG) got my food and honestly it was the hardest boiled egg cut in half, the fried egg is what gives this dish the flavour. I was so annoyed lucky my boyfriend got a curry I was able to use his sauce or it would have been so dry. Surely making a fried egg as described on your menu isn’t hard! Change your menu to what your actually serving maybe my opinion would have been different. Will be telling people to avoid this place at all costs sadly!

1  Thank Sarah-Ashley T

Reviewed 8 September 2018

I've been here a few times now, mostly going for the munchie boxes. For the price, you don't expect to get much (since it's REALLY good food too) but it's packed! It's really great quality food, and consistent since other chineses have been rather disappointing. I love zuzu, and will continue to come back for their delicious food. :)

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal in Zuzu this evening but was disappointed to notice a service charge on the receipt when we got home. Surely a service charge should be earned and should be the paying customers choice whether to leave a tip or not, we waited ages for anyone to notice that we had finished & would like the rest of our food wrapped up to be taken home, there was only one other table in. Very disappointed to have not had the choice to tip & also not to be told that a service charge would be added.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

First time at Zuzu and really wasn't that impressed, I thought it would have a better Thai experience but it is just a very clean Chinese takeaway with a few sit in tables. Well laid out and very bright & clean inside, I feel they use too much MSG and some of the dishes don't have any taste at all. A bit bland place and probably won't go back.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

The idea and concept is good , looks hygienic compared to other Chinese takeaway in the locality . The first time I visited when they were newly opened the waiting time was really bad took good 30-40 mins , but they have improved from when they have started . I have only tried 3 specific items sweet and sour chicken, chicken bang bang , and ichiban beef . Surprisingly they all tasted the same . sweet sour ,soya sauce , they had pineapples chunks, peppers , diced onions . The only difference was the meat they added to it , if it was chicken then it would be crispy batter fried , the same treatment for beef too . I was disappointed to find out that if ur new to Asian cuisine then a fusion restaurant can make a good fool out of you . The only plus was that the noodles on the sides which were ok. Well it’s a take way joint the ambience is good . And the staff was helpful. You can also bring your own drinks and have food ordered . They also have a buffet menu which I have not tried . On the whole it was a pleasant experience. Would i visit again yes I would.