“AVERAGE AVERAGE”

Pizza Worx
Ranked #55 of 79 Restaurants in Carrickfergus
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 28 November 2012

What can I say. I have tried this restaurant on a couple of occasions each time trying to give it the benefit of doubt, mainly because I like the venue, its appealing but the food well average. The waiting staff are lax and give the impression they can't be bothered. On the last occasion the Manager was cocky and obnoxious, not the professionalism of a manager, not great, really want it to work but the staff need more customer training. Times are hard and its my money and if they want it (which with their approach they dont) then Ive given up and go elsewhere

Date of visit: October 2012
1  Thank CNIC1
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Had a previous bad experience of this restaurant on the 3rd May. In response to my comments management invited myself and 5 of my family for a complimentary 3 course meal.

Went on Friday night 11th June 2010 for this. The hotel and restaurant was extremely busy this however did not in any way affect our meal or experience. We enjoyed an excellent meal with excellent and professional service and we will return in the near future for another meal.

The starters were excellent and the steaks were some of the best ever, cooked as per order, deserts were also very good. We had the choice off all 3 menus, bistro, set menu and curry menu (friday night is curry night). My wife had the curry (I also tried a little bit) and it was delicious and spicy. Get choice and value on all 3 menus.

Thanks to the staff of the Clarion for taking my previous comments on board. This was an excellent meal.

CPBelfast, Manager at Pizza Worx, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2010

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experiences of Pizza Worx on Tripadvisor. It is our aim to ensure that every customer enjoys their visit, and we appreciate you taking the time to allow us to rectify the previous situation and show you how good our restaurant is. We always endeavour to take our guests feedback on board and use it as a learning experience to improve for the future. We hope to welcome you back to the Clarion and Pizza Worx.

Reviewed 12 September 2009

We stopped off here after a long day sightseeing not knowing what to expect. This is not a place that is well sign posted, we happened to notice a small advertising board outside the hotel entrance on our way out of Carrickfergus and decided we would give it a try on our way home. We were warmily received, shown to a table for six in an almost empty dining room and treated very well. The menu provided pizzas,other italian dishes and more traditional a la carte fare.

The pizzas were beautifully cooked and the a la carte food just as delicious. We even made room for dessert, a difficult thing to do in Northern Irish restaurants, but sometimes, you know you just have to try.

If you are visiting Carrickfergus Castle it is worth popping into the Clarion Hotel which houses Pizza Worx, and it is really good value too.