Some years before we had honeymooned at Dobbins Inn in Carrickfergus and had over the years thought about returning.
At our wedding anniversary celebration in London our children surprised us with a weeks holiday at you know where with flights and car hire included.
We were delighted to have been given such a lovely present.
Well the flights dirty, disgrace.
Although we didn't pay for it, its not a cheap place to stay so you expect a certain minimum standard.
Its dirty down at heel and I looked at 4 rooms before I asked my husband if we could put up with what was on offer.
Its one of the few occasions that white lies have been acceptable to us as we never let on to our children how this accommodation spoilt our holiday gift in Northern Ireland
There is nothing that we could recommend this place for other than demolition or a complete makeover, it gets one star because I don't suppose no stars count.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Inn dating back to 13th Century, with many a ghostly tale, located in the heart of Carrickfergus.15 well appointed bedrooms, ensuite & with complimentary WIFI. Popular bar lounge & restaurant serving traditional food throughout the day.Small meeting room for personal dining or team conferences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Book Direct Rooms, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and LateRooms so you can book your Dobbins Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dobbins Hotel Carrickfergus
- Dobbins Inn Hotel Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland