The staff were very good and couldn't do enough from printing out our return flight boarding tickets to lending me an umbrella.
The beds and pillows were very comfy
The breakfast is good - although only served until 9am
The whole hotel has a very "tired" feel to it.
Decor is "tired"
Our Room 8 was a nightmare for the pigeons that started their noise at 5.20am - amazingly it seems nobody has complained about this before.
The shower did not run hot water - but apparently you have to run the hot tap in basin first!
The towels were bad quality and very small.
The fire doors were not fitted with a slow shut system so banged shut awakening everybody in the rooms.
We were able to park the car outside the hotel at weekend. On Monday they have traffic wardens from 9am so had to move to Castle car park which is very near.
If you are catching a flight from Belfast City Airport, give yourself at least an hour to get from hotel to airport as the ongoing roadworks make it a nightmare.
Would I stay there again? No.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Inn dating back to 13th Century, with many a ghostly tale, located in the heart of Carrickfergus.15 well appointed bedrooms, ensuite & with complimentary WIFI. Popular bar lounge & restaurant serving traditional food throughout the day.Small meeting room for personal dining or team conferences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Book Direct Rooms, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Dobbins Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dobbins Hotel Carrickfergus
- Dobbins Inn Hotel Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland