“title”

Dobbins Inn Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Carrickfergus
“title”
Reviewed 13 July 2006

Coming from Carrickfergus, Dobbins is one of my locals. It is a very charming place to stay, there is good entertainment at night and the drinks are reasonably priced.
The main bar, reception etc is decorated to suit the period of the hotel which is fine, however the rooms are in dire need of some serious modernisation.

On a sour note however, the food is horrendous - They may have pulled their socks up since, because, admittedly I have not eaten in there in over a year due to the poor quality of the food and the fact that there are so many other excellent food establishments in carrickfergus, but when I did last have a meal there, there were three of us in our party and we all had to send our food back.

Stayed May 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed 20 January 2006

This is a great place to stay, and a great place to drink for that matter! The staff are friendly and the rooms clean. The bar has a real fire and a great atmosphere. Make sure you check out the karaoke on a sunday...great fun!

Stayed November 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 January 2006

Stayed here on business with a colleague for three nights. Food was mediocre but the rooms were appalling filthy, my colleague complained of flea bites, spare linen was stored in black bin bags (I assume it was clean), there was late night noise from the bar below.

• Stayed August 2003, travelled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
sheffield
Reviewed 27 September 2005

Stayed here for 4 nights while in Carrick for a friends wedding.Not cheap at £78 a room a night, so I thought it would be good. Booked a non smoking room, but was given a room that stunk of smoke. Also, so small that my partner and I could not walk round the room at the same time. One sat on the bed whilst the other passed. Also, just 1 bath towel in the room on our arrival. (They knew we were coming as we had booked 4 months earlier.) I went straight to reception to find out about our non smoking room, to be told they don't actually have any rooms that are specifically non smoking. I was disgusted that I had not been told this. We were unable to unpack our clothes due to the stench. That night we were getting into bed when upon lying down the springs actually left indentations on our upper body. I pulled the sheets back only to see the worst stained mattress I have ever seen, and I have worked in the hospitality business, although a few years ago. We had seen a black bin liner in the "wardrobe" earlier with what looked like bedding in it, so we pulled it out to see if we could make a bed on the floor, as there was no way we would have slept on the mattress. Unfortunately we were unable to use the spare bedding as this was covered with clumps of someones hair, and the smell was attrocious. We were moved to another room the next morning after I broke down in tears at breakfast. We had only cat napped throughout the night and were both exhausted. We were actually told that the "new room" we had been given was used for the inspector of the Ulster Torist Board's visit. So you can imagine that this was a lot better, although the toilet seat fell off and my partner fixed it. I travel extensively and am a firm believer that you get what you pay for. Unfortunately this is not the case if you stay at "DOBBINS INN." YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! We have photographic evidence to back up all our complaints which I will post at a later date.

• Stayed August 2005
9 Thank holidaysannie
Reviewed 23 September 2004

We spent an unforgetable night at Dobbin's Inn early this year. After driving from the Belfast (just off the ferry from Scotland) we booked into the hotel as recommended by a local on the ferry. The rooms were great and even better was the entertainment at night. The locals and the kareoke made the night! The guiness - yum, like velvet. The choice of breakfast in the morning was extensive and the waitress was attentive and could not be more helpful - porrige, mushrooms, local breads, a great introduction to food in Ireland.
Heard about Maude. Great hosts and hospitality. Helen and Ken Macpherson

• Stayed April 2004
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrickfergus
Premier Inn Carrickfergus Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,674 reviews
Corrs Corner Hotel
Corrs Corner Hotel
#1 of 3 in Newtownabbey

Been to Dobbins Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!