Coming from Carrickfergus, Dobbins is one of my locals. It is a very charming place to stay, there is good entertainment at night and the drinks are reasonably priced.
The main bar, reception etc is decorated to suit the period of the hotel which is fine, however the rooms are in dire need of some serious modernisation.
On a sour note however, the food is horrendous - They may have pulled their socks up since, because, admittedly I have not eaten in there in over a year due to the poor quality of the food and the fact that there are so many other excellent food establishments in carrickfergus, but when I did last have a meal there, there were three of us in our party and we all had to send our food back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Inn dating back to 13th Century, with many a ghostly tale, located in the heart of Carrickfergus.15 well appointed bedrooms, ensuite & with complimentary WIFI. Popular bar lounge & restaurant serving traditional food throughout the day.Small meeting room for personal dining or team conferences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dobbins Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dobbins Hotel Carrickfergus
- Dobbins Inn Hotel Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland