“A disappointed anniversary night!”
Review of Loughshore Hotel

Loughshore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carrickfergus
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A disappointed anniversary night!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hi

My husband and I booked the honeymoon suite on sat 8th march. We had got married at this hotel 3 years ago and wanted to come back for our anniversary, which is why we had booked the honeymoon suite. We arrived at 2pm to which we were told the room wasn't ready which is fine as we new check in was 3pm so we went to the lobby bar and had lunch and few drinks which was really lovely and bar service was great. At 3pm I went to check in, which to my surprise we had to pay on arrival rather than departure but again was fine.

When I got to the room I was delighted that it was the exact room from our wedding night. First problem we noticed was when we tried to open the windows they were taped up with some sort of masking tape and the other one was partially opened with draft coming in but that wasn't too bad something we could deal with. Second problem was when we went to fill the jacuzzi bath (which was the reason we had booked the room) there was a notice in the corner stating that the jacuzzi was out of order!!! This was so disappointing so I called reception (who weren't very helpful) who told me they weren't aware of the problem and went to check, when they came back they said it had been out of order from Monday and we should have been informed of this when we checked in. When I asked about another room I was told they were also booked.

This simply isn't good enough, we had enquired about the £99 crazy couples deal which included dinner but decided we really wanted the room with jacuzzi so just went with the honeymoon suite which ended up costing us £165 with dinner with no jacuzzi!

There was no real apology or any mention of our problem on checking out which I find appalling. I also emailed the hotel on Sunday when we arrived home and still haven't received an acknowledgment. I feel very let down after spending so much money on our wedding and always go as a family for Sunday carvery not to have had any response.

The lack of customer service and empathy from the receptionists was very

After a week of hearing nothing back I emailed the general manager about this matter and still no response!

Room Tip: If booking honeymoon suite make sure you ask if the jacuzzi works
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank julie-ann M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here for 12 nights. The staff was very nice and the restaurant food was great. We had a room with king bed and it was very comfortable. The price was reasonable for the season. There are also very good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rmrlrvr
ballymena
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed with 3 other couples for a night as we were heAding out in carrick checked in quickly rooms clean though they do need a freshen up bathroom tiles paint and the phone was from Noah's ark hotel needs to remember first impressions are important and staff appearance at reception was all very casual same uniform maybe would look more professional. Pillow and bed comfortable though window didn't close properly again point of being run down.. Tlc overhaul required! Breakfast was pleasantly fine. And the guy with dark hair and glasses very witty and friendly don't no his name sorry.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tanyaloui
Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Once again we have just held our Annual Conference at the Clarion Hotel. We held a dinner on Friday 7th February for 70 people and a Conference the following day for 200 people. This takes some organising and I would like to say a massive thank you to Lily and Dave. I deal with Lily on the build up to Conference and Dave takes over the weekend of Conference making sure that everything runs smoothly. The food and service for both events was excellent and Dave had his usual banter with all our members. Once again a big thank you to the management and staff for making our Conference a success, we look forward to dealing with them next year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

came over from england for a friends wedding on 31st jan 2014,found the rooms excellent very clean the beds are massive i want one at home.the staff were very pleasant the breakfast very good and plentiful.or get it up to your room for 2.50.the drinks were quite expensive although you would expect that in a nice hotel.the only negative comment i have is i got 2 bowls of chips for our table and the chips were lovely but £6.50 for a few chips.stupidly priced.overall a lovely hotel with nice rooms friendly staff.would definately stay again.but wont buy the chips.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ingy26
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

my experience was short I never stayed so cant comment on the rooms but was showen round the hotel for my wedding I checked before I went and knew they had really good wedding deals a lady showed me around 2 of the wedding reception rooms looked at both the larger room was nicer but there was a horrible smell around the hotel don't no if it was to do with restaurant or not but put me of a bit the lady was nice enough but didn't show us the bridal suite or rooms didn't offer refresments not that im fussy in that way but I thought the idea is they are trying to impress you then I got talking to over the moon wedding stylists lovely ladies they were gave plenty information to us and tried to show us the rooms but coudnt at that time and they were surprised when we told her we weren't offered tea or coffee so she kindly got us some while we were sitting enoying that we seen the lady that showed us the hotel leaving so she was obviously in rush to be somewere so all in all wasnt impressed think its not bad hotel if your on a budget I am myself but I went for the tullyglass in Ballymena a lot better and great deals too over moon wedding stylists are a credit to the clarion hotel ! hope this helps any new brides !!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Booked hotel for 2 nights for family wedding. Two families in our party were told they had not booked but luckily brought their confirmation with them. Rooms modern furnished with large comfortable beds but to switch out lights you had to get out of bed. Food at wedding ok but master of ceremonies like a sergeant major terrible. Breakfast was buffet style and concealed egg and beans with farls you could not eat. On morning of leaving loud bang on door and then opened we were told by a woman who shouted we had 5 minutes left to leave. We were on our way out but were so shocked that we stopped. 10 minutes later same thing happened only we were told we were 5 minutes late! We were glad to leave!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrickfergus
Dobbins Inn Hotel
#13 of 45 in Belfast
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
The Old Inn Crawfordsburn
#1 of 1 in Crawfordsburn

Been to Loughshore Hotel? Share your experiences!