Loughshore Hotel
Premier Inn Carrickfergus Hotel(Carrickfergus)(Great Value!)
US$104
Parklands(Carrickfergus)
Dobbins Inn Hotel(Carrickfergus)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewswedding receptionsunday carveryself serviceexecutive roombride and groomwedding mealcoach partylovely hotelbreakfast was buffet stylemaster of ceremoniesnight porterbridal suitemain mealsaturday nightcourse mealbottle of winefrom start to finish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights...lovely hotel, room brilliant, staff really helpful. Had dinner in the restaurant at night and food and service was just great. Lovely receptionist who took the time to print my boarding pass for me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank mcminnxx
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My room was on the 3rd floor overlooking the HUGE carpark - I cannot see how parking will be a problem here even if there is a function going on.

First impressions count, and the building looks clean and well maintained - but the notice saying they will confiscate food/drink brought from off the premises sets a poor first impression (folk generally only do this if that available is expensive or of poor quality - having said that, there is a Lidl 50 yards away)

Checkin was smooth and efficient, it is obvious the hotel is catering for the tourist trade - there was "Titanic" souveniers available for sale at the desk.

The room was clean and well appointed (except for the quantity of toenail clippings under the bed - the cleaners obviously never move the furniture when hoovering), TV worked and the bathroom was satisfactory with dispenser style toiletries. Despite the room overlooking the carpark and there being a busy road outside the hotel, I heard nothing.

As it was late when I arrived, I had already eaten but a pint at the bar confirmed by suspicions regarding prices.

In the morning, breakfast was the usual hot / cold buffet and was quite acceptable.

Checkout was efficient and smooth - a VAT receipt was printed on request.

Would I stay again - for £45 B&B yes.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Myself and my partner stayed in the clarion for the crazy couples weekend.The hotel was lovely we got a beautiful clean bedroom ,lovely big bed and plenty of nice clean towels ,we had a lovely meal in the red pepper restaurant and the music in the bar afterwards was very good the breakfast was one of the nicest i have ever had in a hotel.The staff was all very friendly and efficient at their jobs
The reason for our stay in the clarion was to consider it for our daughters wedding venue next year, we had a look around.The reception area bar and toilets were lovely first class in fact but all the rooms that would be used for wedding receptions, the walls were badly covered with dirty marks and had a lot of bluetex etc sticking to them, Also some of the ceilings in these rooms had bad stains on them as if there had been water leaks.We remarked to one of the staff how did the walls get this badly marked he said he hadn't noticed them but as we had pointed them out he agreed they were bad These rooms all badly need painted and they would be lovely..Also we had a look at the garden for photos and it would need a bit of cleaning up,a lot of green between the paving and weeds in the shrub beds,also the steps down into the garden from upstairs were very green and slippy, but if it was cleaned up it would be lovely for photos.
we are not complainers if the wedding rooms were painted and the garden cleaned it would be a beautiful hotel for our daughters wedding.Because of the paint on walls I have given it 3 for cleanness.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hi

My husband and I booked the honeymoon suite on sat 8th march. We had got married at this hotel 3 years ago and wanted to come back for our anniversary, which is why we had booked the honeymoon suite. We arrived at 2pm to which we were told the room wasn't ready which is fine as we new check in was 3pm so we went to the lobby bar and had lunch and few drinks which was really lovely and bar service was great. At 3pm I went to check in, which to my surprise we had to pay on arrival rather than departure but again was fine.

When I got to the room I was delighted that it was the exact room from our wedding night. First problem we noticed was when we tried to open the windows they were taped up with some sort of masking tape and the other one was partially opened with draft coming in but that wasn't too bad something we could deal with. Second problem was when we went to fill the jacuzzi bath (which was the reason we had booked the room) there was a notice in the corner stating that the jacuzzi was out of order!!! This was so disappointing so I called reception (who weren't very helpful) who told me they weren't aware of the problem and went to check, when they came back they said it had been out of order from Monday and we should have been informed of this when we checked in. When I asked about another room I was told they were also booked.

This simply isn't good enough, we had enquired about the £99 crazy couples deal which included dinner but decided we really wanted the room with jacuzzi so just went with the honeymoon suite which ended up costing us £165 with dinner with no jacuzzi!

There was no real apology or any mention of our problem on checking out which I find appalling. I also emailed the hotel on Sunday when we arrived home and still haven't received an acknowledgment. I feel very let down after spending so much money on our wedding and always go as a family for Sunday carvery not to have had any response.

The lack of customer service and empathy from the receptionists was very

After a week of hearing nothing back I emailed the general manager about this matter and still no response!

Room Tip: If booking honeymoon suite make sure you ask if the jacuzzi works
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank julie-ann M
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here for 12 nights. The staff was very nice and the restaurant food was great. We had a room with king bed and it was very comfortable. The price was reasonable for the season. There are also very good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business