“Hotel was o.k. but the breakfast was very sparse”
Review of Loughshore Hotel

Loughshore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carrickfergus
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We booked a night in this hotel through a Groupon deal. We did not have dinner at the hotel as the girl at reception did not mention anything about dinner times etc. We had a nice meal out in Carrickfergus. Anyway room was fine with tea making etc. but the main disappointment was the lack of food at breakfast. I think there was a coach tour there and it looks like they had got all the selection rather early and it was never replemished. No eggs of any description no fried and scrambled eggs all gone and never replaced. No pudding and beans looked a bit dried up. Nobody asked us when we arrived if we required tea as we later found out that there was no tea bags or hot water there. There was a coffee machine which produced a half cup of froth and that even was empty at times. No other bread except toast you make yourself. Very bad service from staff. Nobody asked if guests were o.k. Staff were even checking out the breakfast for themserves before closing time as 10.00a.m. They were making toast for themselves before guests got their own.

Don't think I would really recommend it.

Myra Moran, Lucan, Co. Dublin.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My partner and I went to the Clarion Carvery for a second time at the request of my father in law. However, we were as underwhelmed this visit as our first one had been. The starter selection is quite sparse compared to others I've been at as is the desserts. If you don't like 'bombes' of every description and flavour then you're fairly stuck. I also dislike the set up of the starters/desserts. They are on the same tables with no room in between. People are crossing over each other. The main meal I have to say was tasty with good meat portions and as we are able to serve ourselves veg, potatoes etc you can certainly have all you can eat.

All in all though i doubt we'll be back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Celebrated birthday party with family. We had over 60 guests ranging from babies to over 80s. Accommodation was great as we had a dedicated room just off the main carvery. Parking was superb and the children were kept entertained with the ladies doing the face painting and tattoos. The endless supply of ice cream was a treat. Most of our guests had never been before and at least 2 couples plan to come back and stay at the hotel, with even more returning for the superb Sunday carvery. Staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. Thanks for making this a special day for us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights (on a coach tour) in July and had a very good time. The Hotel was spotless and the rooms spacious and with everything in that you needed. It was very hot on a night and the receptionist even found us a fan which really helped. The breakfast was really good and the evening meals although not as good as the breakfast were very good. All the staff were friendly and went out of the way to talk to you. We will certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin H
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We went to see this hotel last year to see about having our wedding there this year and from the minute we walked through the door we were made welcome by all the staff so we actually booked that day. Can I just say from the minute we booked until our wedding day on 21/06/2014 we were treated like we were the only people getting married, the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at this hotel are second to none no stone was left unturned, I cant thank them enough for making our wedding so wonderful. I dealt with Anne mostly with all the arrangements and she was so down to earth funny and very professional witch made it so easy to talk to her she was just great in every way. On the day of our wedding we had David as our master of ceremonies this guy is fantastic he really is an asset to this hotel "personally I think he should be on stage" he is so good and so professional. The food was superb and the service was excellent. This hotel is so lovely and the décor beautiful, the honeymoon suite is massive and first class. I could go on and on about this place as I cant praise it enough but I think I have covered almost everything "sorry if I have left anything out". I would recommend this hotel to anyone for their wedding and I will add we did look at a few five star hotels before we looked at the clarion and never got the lovely feeling we got from this hotel. I would like to finish by saying a big massive thank you to all the staff at the clarion. we will never forget the hospitality you showed us
many thanks
Alison & Gordon Skelton

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alison_371
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the clarion this weekend to visit family. We booked direct with the hotel online, this was simple. Arrived at the hotel early from our flight (I had asked for early check in) but we're asked to come back at 3 my which wasn't a problem. Check in was quick and painless. Rooms are well furnished and more than adequate. Soft furnishing is of high quality, carpets nice and spongy, hotel very clean and well organised. Papers available in the morning, breakfast is serve yourself and included in the price. There is a bar and plenty of lounge areas if you don't want to stay in the room. Big car park (free) with plenty of spaces. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again. Castle mins away and hotel situated on coast Road .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed there for 3 nights in June. Room was lovely, loads of room. As were we there for formal occasions the inclusion of a proper iron and ironing board was brilliant (sad, aren't I?.) Breakfast was great, staff were friendly and very helpful. Live music on Friday and Saturday night was a surprise but was very very good. Location is great, on main road with easy access to both city centre and countryside. Only bit of info really is that they do cater for weddings and obviously this leads to it being a bit noisy whilst the receptions are on. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front get sunshine all day