All reviews felt like home comfortable rooms railway station barron betty ireland breakfast avoiding hosts
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights before crossing back to Scotland. The lady who runs this guest house is so nice as is her staff. Nothing was too much trouble. Room was on the small side for 3 adults but adequate. Bathroom was lovely. Breakfast was good as well. All in all I have no complaints and would certainly stay there again if I was in the area.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank sweetFife
Reviewed 21 July 2012

While my lady found the place a bit old fashion, we enjoyed our stay very much. Bedroom was adequate size, bathroom as well. We liked to stay on working farms. Here you will see sheep cows, and maybe even another litter of kittens. Your host is an elderly women that does the cooking while she has helpers serve it. Breakfast was quite nice. Their location is away from the bustle of city even village, so you will have to drive to dinner. Our mist queit sleep. Overall very nice spot.

Date of stay: July 2012
2  Thank Morgan2010
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We arrived about 9:30 PM. Mrs. Barron waited up for us and escorted us up to our room and took our breakfast order. Our accomodations were very clean and well kept with a private bathroom. We had a wonderful view over Belfast Lough. We were close to Carrickfergus for sightseeing and meals. We took an early morning walk up the lane and saw lots of sheep. Our hosts were extremely gracious and kind. A lovely stay on a working farm! Porridge was the best ever! Felt like we were personal guests in Mrs. Barron's home.

Date of stay: June 2012
1  Thank DilysH
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Mrs. Barron has a lovely home. The location is perfect- only a 15 minute train ride into Belfast and you can walk to the station from her house. The rooms are spacious enough and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and large enough to move around in comfortably. The only negative thing I can say is that the water pressure is almost nonexistent. The size of the breakfast that Mrs. Barron provides is unbeatable in quantity and was fantastic. I would absolutely stay at Mrs. Barron's again. She is a lovely woman with a beautiful home.

Room tip: The room upstairs on the front side of the house has a fantastic view.
Date of stay: May 2012
2  Thank Jenna D
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I have just returned from a trip to Northern Ireland and spent two nights at the Beechgrove Farm Bed and Breakfast. What a setting with fantastic views over the Lough. The landlady Mrs Barron was very accomodating and welcoming. The room I had was very well equipped and clean. The bed was very comfortable and a good size. I was suprised at the size of the breakfast placed in front of me, I could not eat it all. I would have no quarms in staying there on my next visit to Ireland and would recommend to anyone to do the same.

Room tip: rooms on the east side
Date of stay: March 2012